Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Help with Canker Sores

  1. #1

    Default Help with Canker Sores

    Hey everyone, I started a thread a while ago when something developed in my mouth. At first I thought it was a tooth infection but to my relief it was a canker sore. With the first one gone, I recently found 3 more on the bottom jaw. I'm currently looking into ways of treatment. I guess I should not use my paci until they are gone correct? Anyways, any methods of natural treatment?

  2. #2

    Default

    There are a lot of treatments out there , your pharmacist can tell the best one. not sure what size paci you are using it could be that the one your are using is to big. Drooling is most likely the cause of the sores. To much saliva in your mouth.

  3. #3

    Default

    I don't know if this actually treats them but for me it takes away the pain, I put salt into a glass of water and swish it around where the canker sore is and it helps but tastes horrible....

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by TyTy View Post
    I don't know if this actually treats them but for me it takes away the pain, I put salt into a glass of water and swish it around where the canker sore is and it helps but tastes horrible....
    I like the taste of salt water actually

  5. #5

    Default

    I am not sure if they are, but in my case I get "stress blisters" in my mouth. Rinsing out your mouth with a strong salt water solution is really the only thing that works for me.

    I had chicken pox as a kid and that is what causes mine and they seem to show up when I am stressed out.

  6. #6

    Default

    When I get ulcers in my mouth (mainly from eating too hot of a food, acidity, etc) I just wet a finger stick salt to it and apply. The salt will dry it out to help the skin heal faster. Plus after the initial intense pain it feels better in comparison at least.


    Until then stay away from pacifiers, straws or anything else where you form a vaccum in your mouth. Also don't tounge at it as hard as that may be. Possibly lay on your back when sleeping so saliva doesn't interfere with the healing process.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by paciloverbaby3 View Post
    Hey everyone, I started a thread a while ago when something developed in my mouth. At first I thought it was a tooth infection but to my relief it was a canker sore. With the first one gone, I recently found 3 more on the bottom jaw. I'm currently looking into ways of treatment. I guess I should not use my paci until they are gone correct? Anyways, any methods of natural treatment?
    Well Canker sore are a form of herpes so that could direct you in the treatment area. I would boil your pacifier every day so that you are not reinfecting your mouth. Keep in mind that Canker sores are contagious




    Quote Originally Posted by kennyrallen View Post
    There are a lot of treatments out there , your pharmacist can tell the best one. not sure what size paci you are using it could be that the one your are using is to big. Drooling is most likely the cause of the sores. To much saliva in your mouth.
    I am pretty sure that drool has nothing to do with canker sores. Other than the fact that it could cause more drooling. But I am not a doctor.

  8. #8

    Default

    Commercial over the counter product "ANBESOL" works for me. Not exactly pleasant but then better than just living with the damn sores. Warm salt water works in strong concentration especially if you can
    place salt directly on the sore and let it sort of melt in then flush with warm water. I usually get the canker sores in conjunction with my excessive sweet tooth for sweets. Never had more than one at a time
    in the mouth - maybe a doctor should be consulted for multiple sores - seems strange to me.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by babylock1 View Post
    Commercial over the counter product "ANBESOL" works for me. Not exactly pleasant but then better than just living with the damn sores. Warm salt water works in strong concentration especially if you can
    place salt directly on the sore and let it sort of melt in then flush with warm water. I usually get the canker sores in conjunction with my excessive sweet tooth for sweets. Never had more than one at a time
    in the mouth - maybe a doctor should be consulted for multiple sores - seems strange to me.
    I hate Anbesol since it's so easy to numb your tongue and tastebuds while applying it. It makes food taste terrible as well.

  10. #10

    Default

    Rinse with salt water, then apply clove oil via Q-Tip. Salt water will help it heal, clove oil will numb it in the mean time. (Lightly, won't make your whole mouth go full on stupidly numb)

Similar Threads

  1. Canker Sores
    By Abdljosh in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-Oct-2011, 03:39
  2. Cold sores...
    By growlycub in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 25-Apr-2010, 04:50
  3. sores?
    By diaperedteenager in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-May-2009, 04:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.