Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Foods that you used to hate as a child that you like now

Default Foods that you used to hate as a child that you like now

The one food that I can remember despising as a child was strawberries. They tasted too bitter and the thought of them made me gag. Now I love strawberries, and it has become my absolute favorite fruit.

I still hate cherries though.

What foods did you hate as a child that you like/love now? <3

I don't think I have any food that falls under that criteria. Still can't do spicy food, hate gunky stuff like okra and natto, love anything w/bbq sauce... Does that mean I haven't grown up at all?

--sf

Nope, my tastes are the same now as they were then. The question is am I an immature eater now, or was I ahead of my culinary time then?

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, my tastes are the same now as they were then. The question is am I an immature eater now, or was I ahead of my culinary time then?

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryRaven View Post
    I still hate cherries though.
    Store cherries are garbage compared to the real deal. If you ever find yourself in Montana during cherry season buy some from a farm. I always make sure to time trips there with cherry season, the things are positively addicting.

Broccoli, asparagus umm guacamole things that when I was a kid I hated now I can't get enough I am sure there others just can't think

Any kind of salad, I couldn't stand the bitter taste at all.

And especially Kiwi fruits. I've never eaten one again until the end of my teenager years. But I love them now.

However, in reverse I loved carrots as a child. And now I don't like em that much, only mixed up somehow... then they're great.

I didn't like broccoli or onions when I was young. Now I do! Ironically, I always liked spinach, unlike most other kids.

Melons. Water Melon I can eat today but the rest still have a funny taste to me.

Smile

I used to hate olives, but like them now...and green beans... and spinach... and insanely hot chillies... :-)

And I used to actually like the taste of junk food! I can't stand the stuff now.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyrallen View Post
    Melons. Water Melon I can eat today but the rest still have a funny taste to me.
    Ohhhh... cantaloupes taste weird! They're too fragrant. It's like drinking perfume! The honeydews are okay, though. :-)

wrench360

I still don't like most foods that I hated when I was young.

I must say though, if there is one truly disgusting food in this world, its onions, it completely and utterly offends all six of my senses.

Broccoli is now one of my favourite foods, I eat it almost every day without fail but you would never have gotten me to as a child although that is because my mum overcooked the shit out of it until it was unappealing mush. Same could be said with a number of vegetables really, if they're cooked well then almost all are delicious but similarly they're almost all nasty when overcooked to death (which is something a fair few seem to do).