Thread: Dress Sizing

Default Dress Sizing

Hello everyone,

I am planning on buying my first dress in the coming weeks. The only issue is I have no idea what to look for in terms of sizing. When buying jeans I simply look for Length and Width and I'm set. What measurements do I need for a dress? Also, if anyone has any suggestions for a comfortable dress for a first time male I'm completely open. I'm looking for something that is airy

for dresses its good to check bust size and shoulder to shoulder length

There are way too many variables in shopping and sizing for a DRESS.
    First off what have you looked at ? What suits your interest - are you interested in something that is AB/DL looking or more mature ? Are you considering wearing whatever you select with diapers or with
    other intimate lingerie ? Your comparing wearing jeans to skirts is not compatible - a dress is worn on the upper torso and maybe of variable length from the hips/thighs to the ankles - jeans on the other
    hand are worn at waist and can be as short as short shorts or ankle length covering primarily the mid torso.
    If you look back at the previous post of mistysummers and AVATAR is that something that makes your day or catches your fancy/fantasy ?
    And lastly are you looking for a dress or a SKIRT - there is a difference and the main point of either is how short the hem line is going to be revealing the intimate lingerie or diapers within ?

There are a lot of readers with input to advance your plans but do tell us more ***** sizing depends a lot on the construction of the dress or skirt (or skirt with blouse). There are so many ways to put
    together an outfit that will represent the real you that you want to show privately or in public !

BabyLock

As a default, check your actual chest size and you can use the conversion tables on line to find the equivalent dress size.
    For me, a 42" chest means a Uk size 18 dress size, usually.
    You want airy? go a size larger if you can.

Previous post:

"You want airy? go a size larger if you can. "

Yes LARGER for room for diapers especially oversized with diaper cover - not so much for lingerie.
    Have not seen a reply to further your quest or desire for a dress (perhaps a skirt).

BabyLock

Default Experience buying dresses

As I posted in the pants/jeans thread I have a lot of experience buying girls clothes without trying them on. The results was always unsatisfying. The only sure way to buy dresses is to try them on. So screw up your courage and go into the girls section and try clothes on. I also found that having a friend go with you adds courage.

Note that it depends largely on the dress. Women tend to have broader chest measurements and narrower waists, so a non-stretchy, tight fitting dress is going to need to go up a couple of sizes to fit most men.

I'd measure your best (at the fullest part) and the waist and try to fit it in to the size chart as best you can. Just knowing that you're not dealing with an exact science.

Of course the best way and most fun, is to go to the stores and try them on!

Quote Originally Posted by willnotwill View Post
    Note that it depends largely on the dress. Women tend to have broader chest measurements and narrower waists, so a non-stretchy, tight fitting dress is going to need to go up a couple of sizes to fit most men.

I'd measure your best (at the fullest part) and the waist and try to fit it in to the size chart as best you can. Just knowing that you're not dealing with an exact science.

Of course the best way and most fun, is to go to the stores and try them on!
    xxxxx

The broader chest measurements and narrower waists are partially correct. Men's chest/bust measurements are fairly uniform as measured by the arm pit to arm pit method. The tape measure
    can slide up and down a few inches and be about the same. The women's bust/chest (note put bust before chest) is not that consistent due to the fact that the girls (breasts - boobies or whatever
    you want to call them) are formed as peaks (breasts). Men are more endowed on the top heavy side women not so much. Best visual comparison is with an hour glass - women resembling the
    hour glass form and men just a cylinder.
    That being noted from anatomy 101 (LOL) I have noted in other posts about getting a cloth tape measure and knowing one's measurements before venturing out to sample/size clothing. Know what
    works and fits and what isn't worth the time. No cloth tape measuring device - then go to the big boys hardware store and get a metal carpenters tape measure - it works just as well.

But Guys you have to be a Clint Eastwood aka "Dirty Harry" and know your limitations !

In looking over dresses are they the step-in style with a zipper/button fastening in the front or back ?
    Or are they the pull over style like putting on a "T" shirt with an elastic neck line ?
    As for skirts are they pull-ons with elastic waist or the kind that you step into and then button/zipper
    closed or a kilt type where the skirt is wrapped around the waist and held in place with Velcro; buttons;
    or little belts buckles and straps.
    Get familiar with the types of clothing that are your dream wear so you aren't flopping around like a fish
    out of water !
    The more confidence you have in using the terms and sizing/measurements the better. Sales people also like
    this as it helps them direct you to the clothing you want and perhaps suggest alternatives or substitutes.

Now get out there and see if you measure up to your fantasy dream wear !

So can we be of more help GoodnitesLover64 ?

Default Trying Dresses On

Trying to figure out how to measure for a dress and then guess the correct size is very hard. I know because I did it for years. I wound up with many dresses that did not fit well.

After I came out I started going to stores and trying dresses on. I found the joy in being able to try on the dresses and find the ones that looked good and fit was so liberating. It also helped that I had someone with me. You all know her as little lodge wrecker. Now a days stores are used to transgendered trying on clothes and buying them. I know because I have helped girls shop and found that the salespeople are very understanding now a days especially in dress stores. This is the only way to buy a dress.

So girls screw up your courage and get out there. You will find trying on dresses and buying them is a real turn on. It also in the long run saves money because you will only buy what looks good on you and actually fits. So good luck in your shopping expeditions. And by the way find a friend to go with you. It is easier when you have a friend.

Ok,

I used to have a few dresses...they all burnt up with my house...

Anyhow, I tried on my gf clothes, and went from there...none really fit except really stretchy ones...

Next bought some at second hand places...more just for sizing...

Then I ordered some off eBay and such...

Most places will take the dress back for a different size as well...

Bit check out goodwill and such...

B