Thread: Diaper Sizing (revisited)

Default Diaper Sizing (revisited)

So, I've looked around in search before I posted this and I did not find an answer, therefore, I figured I'd ask anyway. I just brought two medium bags of Abena M4 because this is the diaper I chose to start my bedwetting training with. I'm a waist size 38 and the package said 28 (I think) to 44 inches. My other half said I made a mistake and that I should have ordered the Large size but I was once told I should always wear the correct size in diapers.

So, is it better to be over than fitted?

Not sure by your post if you have tried one on for fit. But 38" does fall into the med. sizing range. I'm 33" and wear med. and have plenty o diaper room left.

I only just ordered them this morning and to be on the safe side, I tried cancelling the order just now, but at the same time I did, they immediately changed the status from "processing" to "shipped" (dicks!!). Anyhow, I guess I'll find out soon enough just how good they'll fit. I know one thing, I ordered medium Attends last year and I can just barely get my fat butt into one, so I pretty much use them for stuffers in other diapers. I'm banking on the fact that Abena is a larger diaper than Attends brand and just might be a perfect fit for me.

I'll keep y'all posted!

I'm sure mediums will fit you. I have (Measured, not pant size) hips of 44", and they can fit on me with a little wiggle room. That said, I still prefer large. (I'm really at that tipping point between Medium and Large)

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonybaby View Post
    I only just ordered them this morning and to be on the safe side, I tried cancelling the order just now, but at the same time I did, they immediately changed the status from "processing" to "shipped" (dicks!!). Anyhow, I guess I'll find out soon enough just how good they'll fit. I know one thing, I ordered medium Attends last year and I can just barely get my fat butt into one, so I pretty much use them for stuffers in other diapers. I'm banking on the fact that Abena is a larger diaper than Attends brand and just might be a perfect fit for me.

I'll keep y'all posted!
    I have found the the different brands have different sizing. I wore Attends small for years, was a 32" waist then. But Don't have to much natural padding on my butt.

I am also 38 and find that i am at the tipping point, it a bit annoying, these days i always go large, but i just got some attends and the large is really big...

Back when I was about a waist size 34", my first (and best) AB friend told me not to go one size bigger, simply because no matter how nice and snug you get it on, when you lay down, the leg gathers are going to open right up. I only started wearing large because my other half wears it and come to find out, it is true. While it's not anything dramatic, the leg gathers border from very loose to open depending on the brand of diaper and to be fair, I've never leaked unless I flat out soaked the diaper, but at the same time, I want to try and get my diaper as leak proof as possible. I'm not a bed-wetter, in fact, I was "lucky" enough to be brought up spanked into potty training, so it's probably going to be a lot harder to wet without a care, when I'm so petrified of leaking.

My waist size is '36', for medium size diapers, it depends on the brand because I have a fat legs. Size L might be too big for me.