Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boy's Men playing with Dolls.

Default Boy's Men playing with Dolls.

Why have people been against boys playing with dolls.

GI Joe is no different the Ken and Barbie. But they call him an action figure.

I don't think that any toy should be gender based. We should let boys play with dolls if that is something that doesn't bother them. Same for girls playing with boys toys.

i played with dolls.......still do to this day.
    i still even sleep with stuffed toys

I agree. Why should a girl not be allowed to play with a hammer and saw or a boy with a toy oven? (Always wondered about the oven thing - seems to me most of the major chefs you hear about are males!)

Quote Originally Posted by mistysummers View Post
    i played with dolls.......still do to this day.
    i still even sleep with stuffed toys
    I still sleep with a Teddy bear and you can see my age.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BabyDenise View Post
    I agree. Why should a girl not be allowed to play with a hammer and saw or a boy with a toy oven? (Always wondered about the oven thing - seems to me most of the major chefs you hear about are males!)
    There are women who do work in the construction industry . I played with my sisters Easy bake Oven, I even played dolls with her. My Dad was a master Chef. Food service was to nerve racking for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyrallen View Post
    Why have people been against boys playing with dolls.

GI Joe is no different the Ken and Barbie. But they call him an action figure.

I don't think that any toy should be gender based. We should let boys play with dolls if that is something that doesn't bother them. Same for girls playing with boys toys.
    I myself sleep every night with a "Baby Doll".

I also have a whole squad of 12' G.I. Joe "testosterone-dripping" "Boy's Dolls" complete with "to scale" firepower.

I also have many plush animals too...

Quote Originally Posted by TCWWITHAUTISMANDCP View Post
    I myself sleep every night with a "Baby Doll".

I also have a whole squad of 12' G.I. Joe "testosterone-dripping" "Boy's Dolls" complete with "to scale" firepower.

I also have many plush animals too...
    Yep GI Joe's are boys dolls.

My Teddy Bear I sleep with is 13 years old now. Got him when I had open heart surgery, something to hold on to when I had to cough.

I sleep with a doll most every night lately, she is a life sized depiction of an 18+yo girl and she is "fully capable". So called "love dolls" are very popular and I'm a member on a forum about them as great as this diaper one. Many owners as me use them like teddy bears as sleep companions far more than as sex toys. Thats not quite in line with your intent but there are several parallels with dolls and society's attempts to enforce their "normal" upon it's members. I see so many parents claiming to to be politically correct gender neutral with their kids but still steering them into accepted gender roles. It is just too ingrained in to us to avoid. As we become old enough to discover our own path and as long as it is not self destructive or harmful to others we learn to ignore the outraged.
    BTW, at age 4 I asked for and received a "Betsy Wetsy" doll for Christmas to see how girls could pee without the proper equipment, she was a disappointment and my parents were freaked out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nam Repaid View Post
    I sleep with a doll most every night lately, she is a life sized depiction of an 18+yo girl and she is "fully capable". So called "love dolls" are very popular and I'm a member on a forum about them as great as this diaper one. Many owners as me use them like teddy bears as sleep companions far more than as sex toys. Thats not quite in line with your intent but there are several parallels with dolls and society's attempts to enforce their "normal" upon it's members. I see so many parents claiming to to be politically correct gender neutral with their kids but still steering them into accepted gender roles. It is just too ingrained in to us to avoid. As we become old enough to discover our own path and as long as it is not self destructive or harmful to others we learn to ignore the outraged.
    BTW, at age 4 I asked for and received a "Betsy Wetsy" doll for Christmas to see how girls could pee without the proper equipment, she was a disappointment and my parents were freaked out a bit.
    I remember Betsy Wetsy, Tiny Tears also had a model that wet. I'll stick with my downsized Teddy Bear. I have seen those Big Boy dolls before.

When I was little, pre-school, my two cousins who lived across the street had a doll which they played with. It came with its own diaper, and I wanted the diaper more than the doll. I asked my mom for one but she wouldn't get it for me. Back in the day, male and female stereotypes were rigidly enforced and unfortunately, society still leans that way.

Zpeed

apparently I played with dolls when I was little..