View Poll Results: Autistic?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, not at all...nota...negative...zip!

22 30.56%
  • I have a few tendencies...Nothing clinical...

21 29.17%
  • I am slightly...diagnosed that way...

13 18.06%
  • I am autistic...no doubt about it...

16 22.22%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Autisim ...

Default Autisim ...

So,

As it says, are you autistic in any way...

Even do you display autistic tendencies...

Or related genre...

B

There must surely be an internet test that you could link with this. I've been told I have some tendencies by some and I've taken tests that put me further away from autism than typical control groups. It seems like it's a rather difficult thing to quantize.

Yes,

I think it is hard to quantify...

Mostly is do you feel you have tendencies or actions you think are autistic?

B

So to clarify, by "autistic in any way" that includes diagnoses such as Asperger's which fall under the autism umbrella?

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    So to clarify, by "autistic in any way" that includes diagnoses such as Asperger's which fall under the autism umbrella?
    Yes exactly...I know there is a few that are under that genre...and didn't want to list every name then I'd miss one...

So I went generic...that might be a bit confusing...

Sorry
    B

Aspergers got lumped into Autistic Spectrum Disorder in DSM V anyway. I can tell how stressed/tired I am, past certain points the autistic tendencies just becomes uncontrollable.

--sf

Quote Originally Posted by Starfox View Post
    Aspergers got lumped into Autistic Spectrum Disorder in DSM V anyway. I can tell how stressed/tired I am, past certain points the autistic tendencies just becomes uncontrollable.

--sf
    I don't even try to keep up with clinical labels and such...just not my thing...

I'm sorry to hear that, I know my buddy's kid who is 20 or so is severely autistic really has issues if he gets stressed too...I feel that's common...

And I know it's hard to get back to a calm state as well...I find myself in that arena too...

B

I have Asperger's. So yes i i vote for: I am autistic...no doubt about it...

Meh, clinical labels can be useful, without it I would not have self-diagnosed my symptoms. Unfortunately there seems to be little interest in doing actual diagnosis once you are an adult. I mentioned my Aspergers couple of times to different psychologists/therapists and they probably thought it was just another self-diagnosis-somethingoranother. It wasn't until I had my current therapist that he actually (officially) diagnosed it, and even that took couple of month.

--sf

Darthwader

As much as I try avoiding saying that I am, I am autistic. I have Aspberger's, to be specific, but It's so minor that people can't tell I have anything like that. I was diagnosed at a young age, but I believe nowadays, doctor's find one thing wrong with a kid, say they're extremely hyper, and give it a diagnosis. 20 years go, a lot of these diagnoses didn't exist, so why now?