Thread: Watch Dogs looks horrible on current gen consles.

Default Watch Dogs looks horrible on current gen consles.

720p? Thank god I'll play it on PC.

If you play on a good pc, almost all console game looks bad. Some come close to the pc.

Quote Originally Posted by BBQ View Post
    If you play on a good pc, almost all console game looks bad. Some come close to the pc.
    That's usually the result of either a bad port for the PC version rather than a good console game, or an unintensive graphics style game. The current gen is just way too far behind to be able to match. I am guardedly hopeful for the PS4 however, if the developers take advantage of the very parallel architecture we could see some interesting things.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post

720p? Thank god I'll play it on PC.
    I really don't see why 720P is such an issue, not all of us can afford high quality gaming PC's.

If you're sitting far enough away, you probably will care less because console games were meant to be played on a TV. A computer monitor, however, is intended to be viewed up close.

Besides, I know that many console games aren't even HD 1080, but rather HD 720. Xbox just gets scaled up to the display size. With PCs, you can actually change whatever you want: detail, particles, lighting, resolution, AA, etc.

But in any case, graphic quality shouldn't be a main selling point, how good the game actually is should be.

Quote Originally Posted by wasntme View Post
    Besides, I know that many console games aren't even HD 1080, but rather HD 720.
    Many of the newer console games are sub 720p.

It really doesn't look that good but its not all that surprising as the ps3 and xbox are eight year old technology now and from what I've seen so far, watch dogs is very advanced in both gameplay and graphics. I'm somewhat impressed its been squeezed on to the old technology.