Thread: Do you think the Stigma of Diaper wearing has died down some?

Default Do you think the Stigma of Diaper wearing has died down some?

With the topic of IC being more openly talked about these days has the Stigma of diaper wearing become less of misunderstand than what it once was?

Having dealt with the ignorance of people over wearing diapers I think there is less of the ignorance that there once was.

Children today who have pants wetting problems , most of their parents will get them pullups to wear so they don't have to go through what some of us have gone through. I know many of us struggled through school with dealing with pants wetting's.

I think I have tried every thing under the sun to prevent daytime wetting short of tying my penis into a knot. A common reflex for me when things started to happen was to try to choke it. I would end up with a wet hand and wet pants.

The ignorance of why people wear diaper will never fully go away, there are people out the who have brains that are less than that of a Piss Ant.

It has been a life long learning experience , learning to deal with stupidity. There is no cure for that.

IC of both kinds to be talked about more so more people can understand what some of have to deal with on a daily basis.

There should have never been any shame associated having to wear diapers for a need. That was only brought on by ignorance and stupidity.

We are humans who have special needs that the rest of the world might want to learn more about our needs.

As someone who wears mainly out of need I whole heatedly agree with you and yes I believe It has died down a bit although not enough in my experience

I've commented on this topic before, so I will sound like I'm repeating myself, and for that I apologize. There are a number of "adult protection products" commercials on television, far more than I've ever seen from the past. I believe that it's evidence of more widespread acceptance, at least for those who are incontinent and have a need to wear. Most people are either smart enough or compassionate enough to realize that incontinence is a medical condition, and one needs to find ways like wearing diapers to deal with it.

It's different for a DL or an AB, in that it's fetish related. We will always have trouble finding acceptance from a public that for the most part, doesn't share this desire, and thus can't understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    It's different for a DL or an AB, in that it's fetish related. We will always have trouble finding acceptance from a public that for the most part, doesn't share this desire, and thus can't understand it.
    Not really. Everybody has a weird kink. This is universal. More and more people are aware of this all the time. Diapers are simply your kink.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloggerdydoo View Post
    Not really. Everybody has a weird kink. This is universal. More and more people are aware of this all the time. Diapers are simply your kink.
    Understand I respect your opinion, but past television shows revealing who we are speak to the opposite. There are kinks, and then there are grown adults acting like babies, dressed as babies and wearing as well as using diapers. We we typically are a laughing stock to the general public.

A general public has no investment in us, who we are and what we emotionally feel. They find it as one of the most weird things a grown up can do, and they laugh at us. There's a lot of empirical evidence to prove this, and we've seen it posted on this site time and time again. I recall a member complaining that the good folks of Reddit where raking us across the laughing stock coals when an adult baby question came up on that large site. Stanley Thornton was crucified not only by the media, but was investigated by his own state after he was on Nat Geo. From my observation, most people, at least in the U. S., don't share their fetishes with the public.

So why do spouses, girlfriends and friends accept us? Because they do get to know us. Often they know us as a friend or someone who is loved long before we reveal our kink, or before it is discovered. First they try to fathom it, letting it sink in. They tell themselves that we are still the same person, just someone, who for what ever reason, wants to wear diapers, and imagine themselves as babies when in the act of wearing diapers, sucking a paci, etc. Over a period of time, understanding begins to settle in, that or a willingness to at least tolerate it. The general public never gets that opportunity, only what they see in the media.