Thread: How to hide your ABDL* after being outed....

Default How to hide your ABDL* after being outed....

I am working on a page of common mistakes made by ABDL*s who where accidentally outed. Most of my page deals with how lying when caught is bad....

That being said I would like to find a list of good excuses/lies to get out of being caught for those who it is not safe to be out to use.

Good Example: Those diapers are for a practical joke.... ect.

Bad Example: I have been wetting my bed.

I don't need the hide the diapers because I really do need them But the other AB stuff is harder to hide are explain. I do get away with my Teddy Bears thou I have had them for years and sleep with one very night. Bottles and pacifiers need to be locked up when not in use.

If your not older than thirty than the best one would be;

"Are they really that noticeable? I had a surgery because of something I did to myself when I was a teen. It developed into a major problem. My doctor said that it would have been permanent if they had not caught it in time."

This would really work the first time but the second time you will have to tell them you have trouble controlling your bladder and bowls and to a certain extent that would be true. It is best to fallow the first story and say; "the doctor who did the surgery made a mistake. I told him that I could not regain continence and had to resort to diapers."

This would be better then to have to explain your special side because in my opinion most people don't understand. People are judgmental and its best to try and slide it off. Choose to live life happy because it is so short. Forget about your past mistakes and learn to dance in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by MLPPebble View Post
    If your not older than thirty than the best one would be;

"Are they really that noticeable? I had a surgery because of something I did to myself when I was a teen. It developed into a major problem. My doctor said that it would have been permanent if they had not caught it in time."

This would really work the first time but the second time you will have to tell them you have trouble controlling your bladder and bowls and to a certain extent that would be true. It is best to fallow the first story and say; "the doctor who did the surgery made a mistake. I told him that I could not regain continence and had to resort to diapers."

This would be better then to have to explain your special side because in my opinion most people don't understand. People are judgmental and its best to try and slide it off. Choose to live life happy because it is so short. Forget about your past mistakes and learn to dance in the rain.
    Actually I advise people not to pretend to be incontinent.

From my website:
    "A common excuse is to make up a story about having accidents or wetting the bed. When someone spontaneously starts wetting the bed or has accidents it usually is a cause for concern. This lie usually results in the individual being dragged to the doctor and having tests done. This is expensive and unnecessary. Additionally, lying about suffering from incontinence causes parents to become worried. If and when the truth about an individual's ABDL* surfaces, their parents will associate ABDL* with feelings of being worried and decieved. "

Well,

First off...you appear to be going for the younger ab's...I assume based on your answer at least...

I feel there is two area here to contend with...

The under your parents control...at whatever age...

The living as an adult...at whatever age...

If your living with or being supported by your parents...then you need an answer that both works to not get hauled to the doctor and minimize damage...

Like you may say things like, they are from a bet I lost! Gag gift!.etc through the I'm interested in them and I'm just exploring answer with an open parent...

On your own, usually don't ask!...that usually works for a someone seen them type thing...if your annoyed enough they WILL not press the issue...

Now, I'm my case it's not an issue per se...I own wheelchairs and have a handicap plate...so if anyone sees these days I doubt theyd give it a second thought...other than that must suck!...which it does...

So, op...clarify to what genre are you writing for?

B

I agree with Bret -- if someone has control of your medical treatment (i.e. a parent) then lying to them about incontinence is a bad idea, but if the person doesn't have any influence on or responsibility for your health it shouldn't really matter.

But I am gonna say that in any case, the bigger of a deal you ACT like it is, the more wary/curious people are gonna be. A simple "I just need them sometimes," with a shrug, is probably vague enough and noncommittal enough to forestall further questions. Most people are not gonna want to know more & if they do, they'll probably be too embarrassed to ask.

For diapers being found:
    If it's of a LOT of diapers or obviously a "stash," you're gonna have to take a different angle than "practical joke."

I'm partial to this idea:
    "Oh, I always keep plenty around. They're handy for all sorts of things!"

Consider: Other uses for Disposable Diapers? | Ask MetaFilter
    'Fixing' leaky pipes; lining a cat carrier; changing the oil in your car; water & microwave for a heating pad; keep potted plants from drying out; even a DIY air freshener (blenderize a fragrant item like roses, oranges or lemons with water, pour into the diaper, tuck in an air vent or out of the way).

Now, cloth diapers? Maybe take up a really messy craft -- impressionist fingerpainting, say -- then you can announce that you use them to line the table/floor/whatever while you're working. Or "The back of my car when I get odorously dangerous groceries." (ever had a gallon of milk burst on that furry floor carpet? not pleasant. for WEEKS afterward.) You COULD actually use them for the stated purpose -- or not. As long as these people aren't following you around all the time, the chances of being caught lying are pretty remote.

Pacifiers:
    The most obvious explanation is the one that's already true for a bunch of people.
    "I use it while I sleep because it helps me stop grinding my teeth/snoring."
    And if it's a cute one: "The plain ones just look creepy to me." Or "The design makes me happy and I feel less like it's a chore this way."

Alternately ... and this would work better if you use it while watching TV/studying/etc.
    "I know this sounds a little weird, but having something in my mouth keeps me from mindlessly eating all the time. So I can either have 20 cookies in my mouth one after another, or 1 piece of plastic."
    (Happens to be true for me!)

Teddy bears/toys/plushies:
    Of course a teddy bear isn't exactly out of place in a bedroom. A lot of people have one or two stuffed toys in their bedroom, especially women, and they don't even think to try explaining them away. But if you need to...

"I get problems in my hands/arms/shoulders/back if I don't hold something while I sleep. This keeps my arms positioned correctly so I wake up with less pain, and because of the shape it works better than a regular pillow."

Or if you have a lot: "I've always collected them, so people give them to me as gifts. / Some of them are quite valuable." (that can refer to sentimental value!)

Honestly, when I'm in the mood to I just drag my bear with me anywhere I go. I act like I have nothing to hide, and rarely get a second glance. (Especially at places like the doctor's, dentist or hospital, they're usually too busy/don't care enough to comment or even notice.)

If you want a ready excuse for out-and-about plushies though, how about:
    "I'm participating in an experiment on Arbitrary Assigned Meaning. People are given a random object to bring with them through daily activities, and have to keep track of how often they forget about the object. It's really interesting. So far my brain must be pretty elastic, because I'm pretty good at remembering!"
    (More fun than a sack of flour in a baby carrier, right?)

... I could go on, but I don't think I will Hope you get lots of useful suggestions!

"It's a kink I'm into. I like it."

Or something along those lines. I'm pretty open about my kinks and idiosyncrasies, and I've never had a bad reaction. And if I did get a bad reaction, that person would look like an ass, not me.

Pythagoras said to know thyself. You are you, so love yourself for who you are.

One for living with your parents is that a lot children got stuffed animals as children. You can just say you're still attached to the plushie and it reminds you of your childhood. Stuffed animals really won't bring up concern and questions like diapers pacifiers an other baby items will. If you're not living with parents; again you can just say it's memorabilia from your childhood and holds sentinemental or financial value. Teeth grinding/snoring might not be the best excuse when questioned by a parent because they most likely take you to the dentist and will know if you grind your teeth. They will also probably hear you snoring. If you do either or both of these, then you should be safe. However, there are mouth guards to prevent grinding your teeth in your sleep, so they might question why you got a pacifier instead, as anyone probably will who finds a pacifier. If you're a girl explaining diapers to anyone should be fairly easy. You simply say that you're on your period and tampons just don't do enough for you. If you're a guy and not living with your parents, you can say a diaper or two is left over from an old Halloween costume. For a stash, this won't work. Just some of my ideas and tips. The most dangerous situation is as a guy living with your parents in possession of a stash and a lot of other infantile items. Good luck getting out of that. And really, you might be able to explain diapers or a baby item on their own, but diapers and baby items will probably draw too much attention.

- - - Updated - - -

Some additional thoughts are that the Halloween costume excuse will work for really any ABDl items as long as they aren't in bulk and you aren't living with your parents. In addition, if they're under the mattress or in a drawer that will draw suspicion as it would make more sense for them to be in a Halloween box in a closet or basement somewhere. Under the bed or in a closet are solid spots that can be explained with this excuse.

How about getting OUT of an unsafe environment being a higher priority than finding a fib to tell? I'm all for lying in the moment if it's really necessary to keep one safe from harm, but once the immediate danger is passed GTFO of that situation by any means necessary.

yup, as an adult who's been living mostly on my own, and wear daily for some mild IC issues, I've been caught ONCE by a close friend. One who knows about my wearing diapers since I've known him, I explained that, being in diapers for so long, every so often, one has to have a bit of fun with it, otherwise its too damn depressing. He bought it.
    The truth is, it was the other way around. Not that I haven't been dealing with lifelong urinary tract issues mind you, just not IC the whole time.