Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What should I expect from TENA Slip Maxi?

Default What should I expect from TENA Slip Maxi?

Last Friday I ordered my first premium diapers after a week of thinking about it. I chose the TENA Slip Maxi diapers after reading reviews and first impressions here on ADISC. Because I trust you guys I am optimistic about my experience coming this friday.

What should a person coming from Depend expect out of TENA?

Note:I ordered from Bambino.

From Depends? You should expend culture shock.

Tena Slip Maxi is a fairly thin diaper, but it thinks it's a thicker one. It doesn't hold as much as an M4 or a Dry 24/7, but hey: it's as thin as an Attends, and it drinks a lot. I am IC, and I wear them frequently. I like that they can be worn under clothing without much chance of being noticed. And I like that I can wet them at least a few times before changing. With Depends I would never feel safe after the first wetting; with TSMs I sometimes go all afternoon.

You will like them.

Quote Originally Posted by ICkaraokegirl View Post
    From Depends? You should expend culture shock.

Tena Slip Maxi is a fairly thin diaper, but it thinks it's a thicker one. It doesn't hold as much as an M4 or a Dry 24/7, but hey: it's as thin as an Attends, and it drinks a lot. I am IC, and I wear them frequently. I like that they can be worn under clothing without much chance of being noticed. And I like that I can wet them at least a few times before changing. With Depends I would never feel safe after the first wetting; with TSMs I sometimes go all afternoon.

You will like them.
    Glad to hear that. But that raises another question. What is considered a wetting?

I have wet a Depend plenty of times and it survived. Now that was only a couple hours after putting it on but I dont know how to measure a "wetting".

Depends shouldn't even be mentioned next to Tena Slip Maxi diapers. Tena's really are that much better. They have the luxury of a thin diaper feel, but the advantage of a quick-wicking thick diaper result! Very nice indeed - you must try these!

Quote Originally Posted by dl1220 View Post
    Depends shouldn't even be mentioned next to Tena Slip Maxi diapers. Tena's really are that much better. They have the luxury of a thin diaper feel, but the advantage of a quick-wicking thick diaper result! Very nice indeed - you must try these!
    Well i'll experience the difference on friday.. and all day saturday.

- - - Updated - - -

I am stil curious though, what is a "wetting".

Quote Originally Posted by AstroDL View Post
    Glad to hear that. But that raises another question. What is considered a wetting?

I have wet a Depend plenty of times and it survived. Now that was only a couple hours after putting it on but I dont know how to measure a "wetting".
    A wetting is normally considered each time you go pee whether it be in a diaper or a potty. The frequency can be any time you have to go. Sometimes I go once an hour and the next time I might go twice
    in an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    A wetting is normally considered each time you go pee whether it be in a diaper or a potty. The frequency can be any time you have to go. Sometimes I go once an hour and the next time I might go twice
    in an hour.
    Thats what I thought it was. That means that each "wetting" varies in the amount of pee from person to person. But it is used as a standard

Depends will feel like you are wearing a strash bag with a kleenext inside.

Tena Slip Maxi are very good diapers. They swell up well and can take a full night wetting and then some.
    For their thickness, they are very absorbant.

I would put them right under the Kendall Lille Supreme, Molicare Super Plus and Abriform X-plus.
    Those diapers are the best on the market. Both in absorbancy and built quality. Abriform X-Plus being the worst of the top 5 quality wise. (cheap plastic and tapes.)

Oh and the Tena Slip Maxi tapes are super strong and the landing zone is excellent. You should never have to readust the tapes because they don't move at all!

You'll like them. I've actually been wearing both Depends pull-ons for Men and Tena Slip Maxi's for the last several days (I'm out of town on business). The Depends are only good for one, maybe two wettings, working close to others (being very discreet) or exercising, but I would echo what ICKG said about the Tenas. They are thinner than a top of the line diaper like Dry 24-7, Abena M4 or Molicare Super, but hold almost as much. Though, they will swell a bit when wet. A good diaper for needing protection for a longer period, but still have some discreetness.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroDL View Post
    Well i'll experience the difference on friday.. and all day saturday.
    Ahhh, I can't wait for Saturday!