Thread: Market Research: Your Opinions Count

Default Market Research: Your Opinions Count

Hey all.

I am in the beginnings of opening my own business. This business will cater to the AB/DL lifestyle. Depending upon how successful it will be, I will be expanding to other areas too, such as, furies etc down the line. The purpose of this business is to provide AB/DL with products that they can buy and have delivered online at reasonable prices. Having completed some pricing research of my own, I know that the prices I will set will provide AB/DL's with an excellent deal over my competitors. I can't go into specifics too much, as I'm at the early stage and want to keep everything under wraps until the launch. So, it is from this, I am looking your opinions on certain questions. These questions will be primarily based upon Nappies. I look forward to reading your comments.

Thanks,
    FlightSimPro

Q1) Would an AB/DL business based within the UK be of any value to you? If you are outside of the UK, would you be willing to pay international shipping?

Q2) Who would be the company that you do most of your dealings with at present and why do you use them?

Q3) What is more important to you as a customer; feeling valued as a customer, lower prices, discreet delivery or being able to contact the business owner quickly?

Q4) The product range I am aiming to sell is; Nappies (both adult & baby) Pull-ups (both adut & baby) Plastic Pants, Onesies, Dummies (both adult & baby) and Dummy Clips. Depending on how successful this business is, the product line will be expanded in due course. Does any of those products interest you?

Q5) What brand of nappy do you use? Can you list it below?

Q6) What is more important in a nappy to you; no leaks, soft to touch, 4 tapes, 2 tapes, wetness indicator, prints or good absorbent level?

Q7) If you have or are looking to purchase nappies, what would be your buying habits; you buy individually, you buy in packs or you buy in bulk?

Q8) What is more important about the website; bright and colourful, ease of access, inclusion of pictures/video or contains no adverts?

Q9) If you have ordered online before or would like to order online, which delivery timescale would you usually go for; next day delivery, 2-3 working days delivery, 1 week delivery, 2 weeks delivery or a Saturday delivery?

Q10) Does getting a personalised response from the business owner when you place an order matter to you, or do you prefer computer automated responses?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and please now take the time to answer the questions. I look forward to reading your responses. There is also another market research thread on the Adult Baby forum. If you could fill that in too it would be great.

Many thanks,
    FlightSimPro

1) I live in the US and yes I would (do) pay for international shipping if the product is not available in the US.

2) Recently I have only dealt with online sales of ABDL related items with ABUniverse. I like their products and the justifiable costs. I also have never had any problem with them concerning shipment. To be fair: I have never had any issue with ANY online vendor including Bambino, XPmedical, Aww So Cute, or Buntewindel.

3) Out of all options listed I would have to say "being valued as a customer." All of the options listed are important to the success of business but this one is most important to me.

4) Nappies/Diapers

5) If this is a UK based business then my interests would be: Tena Slip (Plus, Super, and Maxi), Cuddlz, and Attends Slip. (These are either not available in the US or very hard to get)

6) You didn't list my two most important values: fit and plastic exterior.

7) I buy in packs. Shipping is most affordable and convenient this way. Plus, I like to buy and try everything at least once.

8) What is more important about the website?: Ease of use, and product descriptions/pictures.

9) If you have ordered online before or would like to order online, which delivery timescale would you usually go for; next day delivery, 2-3 working days delivery, 1 week delivery, 2 weeks delivery or a Saturday delivery? No preference just as long as I receive them in a reasonable time. (6 weeks or less)

10) I only prefer an acknowledgement of my order and a shipping notification.

I wish you much luck as a business of such venue will take patience and time to make successfull. Remember that your US market will be primarily focused on those items currently unavailable or hard to obtain in the US. If you are focusing primarily on the UK/Europe market then I have little to no input as to what is available or marketable there.

As a note of interest: there is a gentleman here in the US on eBay that seems to do quite well providing all kinds of vairety of nappies/diapers that he imports from countries world-wide. He simply passes on the high cost of international shipping in his product listings. He provides samples of 2 to try without the huge cost of shipping a large quantity to the user/buyer. He has done quite a bit of research into hard-to-get varieties and has made quite a niche market for himself. I have been able to try a multitude of nappies that I would have long given up on trying to aquire by purchasing from him.
    Last edited by ilostthesheriff; 30-Jul-2013 at 12:27.

Smile

The first and last parts of the survey are identical to the one in the link below. Wouldn't it be better to merge the two threads...? :-/

https://www.adisc.org/forum/adult-ba...ons-count.html

Anyway, the remaining answers are:

Quote Originally Posted by FlightSimPro View Post
    I would pretty much use the plastic-backed Abena Abri-form M3 & M4 exclusively, if I could. But I think the M3 is dead, and the M4 is only available outside the UK now. If you can get those, I'd probably order from you!

I've also used Lille Classic, Tender Night, and Tena Slip Maxi, all of which have their merits... I'd like to try the Kolibri Slip sometime too. Nothing would beat the plastic-backed Abena Abri-form, though! In fact, I've almost become accustomed to the fake-cloth-backed M3s ... but only for the very rare occasion that I don't want to feel like I'm wearing a nappy.

Q6) What is more important in a nappy to you; no leaks, soft to touch, 4 tapes, 2 tapes, wetness indicator, prints or good absorbent level?
    No leaks and absorbency are paramount! What's the point otherwise?!

I don't care whether it's "soft to touch", so long as it's plastic-backed (including the sides). Four tapes because... that's what works. I don't care about a wetness indicator, and prints are pretty low down -- a plain white diaper would be my ideal... but cute prints might be nice...

Q7) If you have or are looking to purchase nappies, what would be your buying habits; you buy individually, you buy in packs or you buy in bulk?
    I usually buy a couple of cases at a time. Maybe 150 diapers... Or if it's a diaper I haven't tried before, a single case if i've heard good things about it, or a single pack if it's a stab-in-the-dark!

Q1) Would an AB/DL business based within the UK be of any value to you? If you are outside of the UK, would you be willing to pay international shipping?
    If the product was absolutely fantastic and I felt obligated to have it. Otherwise, no. Shipping to the US would be nuts.

I can possibly offer up this as a suggestion though, if you are seriously interested in doing something like this, see if a website in the States or wherever would be interested in partnering with you to help sell your product elsewhere. If they're diapers, see if ABU wants in, they can't keep their own shit in stock so another brand might pique their interest, and they have done it before with the Fabines and BMXs.

Again, just something for you to consider.

Q2) Who would be the company that you do most of your dealings with at present and why do you use them?
    Bambino. They carry Tena Slip Maxis, which are my favorite diaper, and the Bambinos, in my opinion, are the most comfortable and fit me the best.

Q3) What is more important to you as a customer; feeling valued as a customer, lower prices, discreet delivery or being able to contact the business owner quickly?
    Your priority should and will be making customers feel valued. If you don't, you'll have a hard time retaining customers after they try your product. You can do this by doing the other things, lowest possible prices, privacy respected and answering emails quickly.

To me though, I'd say low prices, just because if I like something already, and it's cheaper than what you offer, I'm probably going to go with what I already like. Why spend that extra when I already have something I know works for me?

Q4) The product range I am aiming to sell is; Nappies (both adult & baby) Pull-ups (both adut & baby) Plastic Pants, Onesies, Dummies (both adult & baby) and Dummy Clips. Depending on how successful this business is, the product line will be expanded in due course. Does any of those products interest you?
    I don't get it, you're going to sell both adult diapers and baby diapers on the same site? Are the adult diapers going to have baby prints or be of a more medical look? If they have prints, I feel like that could potential backfire with prospective parents looking to purchase baby diapers getting creeped out. Just a thought.

As stated above, Tena Slip Maxi is my most frequent one. But I also use Bambino and occasionally Molicare. I'm definitely more of a DL, but if my AB side ever creeps out I have some Cushies on hand just in case.

4 tapes and comfortable to the touch.

Packs. Sometime bulk if I'm really running low.

Q8) What is more important about the website; bright and colourful, ease of access, inclusion of pictures/video or contains no adverts?
    I don't think anyone would care if you had adverts as it helps you pay your bills, just don't let it get excessive. I think pictures to help fully show the product would be most worthwhile, but a secure server for purchases would definitely be high on the list as well.

Q9) If you have ordered online before or would like to order online, which delivery timescale would you usually go for; next day delivery, 2-3 working days delivery, 1 week delivery, 2 weeks delivery or a Saturday delivery?
    Offer all of these options. Not like it costs you anything extra since the consumer pays all the shipping.

Q10) Does getting a personalised response from the business owner when you place an order matter to you, or do you prefer computer automated responses?
    Personalized response is a nice touch and can't hurt, but you'll be busy so have an automated in place.

kayley

1 Meh, and probably if it has something i want at a reasonable price.

2 Several, and they have earned my trust

3 All of them. Honestly, getting all of those is a minimum standard.

4 maybe all? Nappies mostly

5 Fabine, Bambino, Dry 24x7, Tena, Molicare, Abena.

6 NO LEAKS!, (for me, It must perform like a true I.C. nappy, or else its just a costume. )

7 In bulk mostly

8 PICS! We have to see it first :P But I won't go to a site with add spaces. Those track your buying habits, and buying nappies is a bit... personal.

9 Don't care, as long as it arives on the day it said it would. I could wait 6 weeks if I had to, as long as I had package tracking and a firm commitment that it would arrive on Caturday, by :3 pm

10 as long as i get a shipping notice and a tracking number, I'm happy =^.^=. But I think the anonymity of buying on line is what some people will want.

Quote Originally Posted by kayley View Post
    I could wait 6 weeks if I had to, as long as I had package tracking and a firm commitment that it would arrive on Caturday, by :3 pm
    Ha ha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    The first and last parts of the survey are identical to the one in the link below. Wouldn't it be better to merge the two threads...? :-/

https://www.adisc.org/forum/adult-ba...ons-count.html

!
    Hi, thanks for your feedback. I purposely don't it the way I have as to get both sides of the spectrum involved. DL's wouldn't really be on the AB forum so I included it here alongside the different questions. It was just so I could get both sides involved.

Having a secure website and confidentiality will be one of my main values. I understand people want to remain anonymous etc so I will be adhering to that.

Baby nappies was on my mind and I may remove them from the product list due to others finding my website in a google search for baby nappies. I have thought it over and over. It was in the product list to cater to those who like to use and wear baby nappies. Now, of course, if I were to sell them then I would only be selling a size that suits adults. We will see.

Of course, I can't answer all questions, however thanks for taking the time to complete it.

FlightSimPro

One thread is enough, so I am going to close this one and leave a link to the one in the AB section here.