Thread: Hello from Ponyvil

Post Hello from Ponyvil

I first read Noodles thread Diapers and the Myth of Unpotty Training and was curous about this site. I read the info you have on your site about what your about; first of all that shows me how organised you are and seconed I like how even though adults are on here you try to keep it fun without inapropriat stuff being involved. If you can catch my drift.

I am still recovering from an adiction. To know that I can learn more about these topics of diapering without ads to my adiction is comforting. I am a christian but I will not force my beliefs on anyone. I dont even have any intentions on starting topics on this for what has happend in the past.

A very important note is that I am running Ubuntu on my computer and my keyboard is not perfect. I cant put in qoutations or apostrophies. I am doing the best to fix this.

Of coures as you can tell with the title of my thread I love My little pony and all the generations. I am more of a fan than a brony because I like more then friendship is magic. My fandom streches into the 1980s cartoons. Sorry for the long intro but I am glad I found a website like this and thanks for reading this far.

Quote Originally Posted by MLPPebble View Post
    I first read Noodles thread Diapers and the Myth of Unpotty Training and was curous about this site. I read the info you have on your site about what your about; first of all that shows me how organised you are and seconed I like how even though adults are on here you try to keep it fun without inapropriat stuff being involved. If you can catch my drift.

I am still recovering from an adiction. To know that I can learn more about these topics of diapering without ads to my adiction is comforting. I am a christian but I will not force my beliefs on anyone. I dont even have any intentions on starting topics on this for what has happend in the past.

A very important note is that I am running Ubuntu on my computer and my keyboard is not perfect. I cant put in qoutations or apostrophies. I am doing the best to fix this.

Of coures as you can tell with the title of my thread I love My little pony and all the generations. I am more of a fan than a brony because I like more then friendship is magic. My fandom streches into the 1980s cartoons. Sorry for the long intro but I am glad I found a website like this and thanks for reading this far.
    Welcome MLPPebble! That was a great introduction and wasn't too long at all! Although I, personally am not a MLP lover, there are many members here that are. Did you know we have subgroups for discussion of specific topics? Here is one of the MLP groups: http://www.adisc.org/forum/groups/49...hip-magic.html
    There's also a group for Christians if you're interested.

Regardless of your addiction, we are a non-judgementalcommunity and we are here to help each other as much as possible. I know you will be a great addition to adisc and have lots of fun!

Thanks, I would actually really appreciate it if I had other Christians to talk to who have the same values. I just don't want to get into an argument. My life values in my opinion are enough to show people that I am happy as a Christian. If some one really wanted to know more I am sure they will ask. Truth is my passion for Christianity has nothing to do with trying to tell people how they should live because I know life is hard and people don't desire pain. Why tell them what they are doing wrong when you should be trying to learn who they are. Life is too short to worry about what people are doing wrong. Everyone is special and I choose to not be mean to any one even if they are trying to hurt me emotionally. I know that in the end if they really had a heart they would be sorry. If not I hope they don't feel guilty because I know I screwed up in life and I feel guilty for causing people to feel sorry for themselves. I am just glad that I am able to be there for people and it helps when I know I am making people feel good about themselves even if it may not fix my past mistakes.

Also I hope I have not gotten too religious with this reply but I felt like I had to say it.

Hi and welcome to the community. I was brought up Catholic but consider my self more christian than Catholic. Every one should to the church were the feel the most comfortable for them. Now I need to add that I am gay, which goes against many church teachings so I keep that part of my life out of my church life. We are Gods children and ones orientation should never be held against them

Welcome from me too. Adisc is a support site for all the various diapered people, whether because it's a turnon, part of non-sexual regression, an aspect of one's fursona or because a person is IC = incontinent. We have members of all sexual and gender identities... and are universally accepting, understanding and inclusive. This is a different focus than many abdl sites have: not that this makes us "better than them morally, they serve a purpose too - though I would argue Adisc achieves what it sets out to do better than any other site I have met. I am not Christian and despite some flippant comments about that faith I admit to having made in the past I do admire Christian values in general and I reckon Adisc is the right place to repeat this poem:
    Abou Ben Adhem

Abou Ben Adhem (may his tribe increase!)
    Awoke one night from a deep dream of peace,
    And saw, within the moonlight in his room,
    Making it rich, and like a lily in bloom,
    An angel writing in a book of gold:—
    Exceeding peace had made Ben Adhem bold,
    And to the Presence in the room he said
    "What writest thou?"—The vision raised its head,
    And with a look made of all sweet accord,
    Answered "The names of those who love the Lord."
    "And is mine one?" said Abou. "Nay, not so,"
    Replied the angel. Abou spoke more low,
    But cheerly still, and said "I pray thee, then,
    Write me as one that loves his fellow men."

The angel wrote, and vanished. The next night
    It came again with a great wakening light,
    And showed the names whom love of God had blessed,
    And lo! Ben Adhem's name led all the rest.

James Henry Leigh Hunt

- - - Updated - - -

Another time we might discuss 1 Cor 13:11
    meanwhile let's content ourselves with Matt. 22: 39 39 Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

I am looking into that scripture you posted. Thanks for posting it. I could not find anything on the net for the life of me over this topic from a Christian stand point.

My first thought is there has to be more to this scripture than what appears. If that is really what the author meant than anything including the puppetry for kids would be wrong. Just think about it. If there was no one like us who like to put ourselves in a child's mind then how would we educate our kids while entertaining them. This is why I love cartoons so much and now the AB/DL lifestyle. It gives me the ability to learn how a child thinks and really make it possible to be your families children best friend. I think we all agree that children have a hard time telling us their problems because they think we would not understand.

Think; when it says I put away childish things it is saying I am putting away the fear and the selfishness of a child. Your motive may just be to have fun or please your sexuality but in all reality you know that if people knew your in diapers most of the time you would be embarrassed. Because you can relate you can tell a teenager who wets the bed that there is nothing and absolutely nothing to be ashamed of when they wet the bed or if you can not become in control of your bladder or bowls. To me this is becoming a man when you know that there is nothing wrong with who you are because this is who you are for a reason. Your purpose is to accept the way you feel about being an AB/DL and don't be afraid to admit it when the time comes. I am not saying you should put on your Face Book page that this is what you do in your spare time. I am saying that you are not ashamed of who you are. I can not ask for a better person to become a friend.

In summery I ask, "Will you take a moment to think about who you are and ask yourself do you accept it." If you had to be perfect in order to become a Christian I can tell you I failed tragically because I failed life but life is not over yet.

By the way I only scratched the surface and I am going to look further into this. I ask that if I offended you please understand that I admire who you are and I could not ask for a better welcome. Even you Racoon have been a pleasure to read what you have to say.

This was recently debated here and the thread is still open for discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by MLPPebble View Post
    I am looking into that scripture you posted. Thanks for posting it. I could not find anything on the net for the life of me over this topic from a Christian stand point.

My first thought is there has to be more to this scripture than what appears. If that is really what the author meant than anything including the puppetry for kids would be wrong. Just think about it. If there was no one like us who like to put ourselves in a child's mind then how would we educate our kids while entertaining them. This is why I love cartoons so much and now the AB/DL lifestyle. It gives me the ability to learn how a child thinks and really make it possible to be your families children best friend. I think we all agree that children have a hard time telling us their problems because they think we would not understand.

Think; when it says I put away childish things it is saying I am putting away the fear and the selfishness of a child. Your motive may just be to have fun or please your sexuality but in all reality you know that if people knew your in diapers most of the time you would be embarrassed. Because you can relate you can tell a teenager who wets the bed that there is nothing and absolutely nothing to be ashamed of when they wet the bed or if you can not become in control of your bladder or bowls. To me this is becoming a man when you know that there is nothing wrong with who you are because this is who you are for a reason. Your purpose is to accept the way you feel about being an AB/DL and don't be afraid to admit it when the time comes. I am not saying you should put on your Face Book page that this is what you do in your spare time. I am saying that you are not ashamed of who you are. I can not ask for a better person to become a friend.

In summery I ask, "Will you take a moment to think about who you are and ask yourself do you accept it." If you had to be perfect in order to become a Christian I can tell you I failed tragically because I failed life but life is not over yet.

By the way I only scratched the surface and I am going to look further into this. I ask that if I offended you please understand that I admire who you are and I could not ask for a better welcome. Even you Racoon have been a pleasure to read what you have to say.
    I was not offended by you. It took me years of understanding myself to accept myself for who I am. I fought being gay as thou it were a demon. In reality it is just who I am. I may not be "normal" in the since of what others may feel . But I am not "Abnormal" I am me. I may never understand or learn why am gay but I am and I accept it. My faith in God may even be stronger then those who may condemn me.

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    This was recently debated here and the thread is still open for discussion.
    Oh my heavens! I hadn't realized... And it really is coincidence that the verse was in that other thread all along when I first quoted it. But that thread really is an excellent one, all based around CONTEXT IS KEY. While I am not Christian myself, I deplore the kind of misunderstandings that arise from quotations taken out of context, as really often happens with the Koran also. I love how the membership seized on the topic of that verse in the linked thread and gave it a thorough, serious treatment - thoroughly dispelling the notion that reading the verse as an admonition - a "thou shalt not," taking the verse as though the Bible condemns infantilism.

I ask that if I offended you
    Um, nope,offense taken - but I do urge you not to worry as much as you seem to, about offending people. They will most certainly let you know if they take offense at something: and without starting a flame war either! Again - welcome to Adisc , the home and breeding ground of well-reasoned and fair treatment, be it criticism or applause. I reckon it would be safe to claim Adisc is a support site first, and a diaper site second. I refer you back to the poem
    Last edited by Raccoon; 02-Aug-2013 at 07:36.

Thought I would post to my intro one last time now that I am an established contributor. I tried staying up last night till 12 just for fun but went to bed at 11. I was tired and thought it would not be the best idea considering I want to get back into the habit of gettting up at 4am. I am excited to see where this will lead me because today is also the day when I will go to work with a diaper on. Wish me luck.

I look forward to learning more about about the AB/DL and the IC lifestyle. I know I won't be IC until I grow old but I want to learn how you guys go about your day to day activities having to be in a diaper because you have to. I look forward to getting to know you all and perhaps be like a father to this forum. I have been on a lot of forums and this is one of the few that I would recomend if I ever had the chance.