Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: fbi warning

Default fbi warning

i was looking at pictures online and a fbi warning came up and said that my computer was locked so i rebooted my computer any idea why that came up?

Scareware. Download a copy of MalwareBytes to a Flash drive, rename and install to desktop. That should do it

What site were you on? If you got an FBI warning it could the site is being watched.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyrallen View Post
    What site were you on? If you got an FBI warning it could the site is being watched.
    i was looking up google images i clicked on the photo and all these sites started popping up

Quote Originally Posted by zackiepooh1992 View Post
    i was looking up google images i clicked on the photo and all these sites started popping up
    I had a problem with Google Chrome earlier today. I was loading this site and a bunch of windows started to open up. I had to restart my computer as well. There is something going on with Google it is not our computers

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    Are they asking for money? If so, its a scam malware.
    i just saw it and shut down my laptop

It was malware, as far as I am aware the FBI does not notify people like that

Where exactly were you looking at pictures? Lol it's a prank, and it can lock up stuff through scripts. Consider running No Script and a very strong pop-up blocker.

....and perhaps stay off this image board if it's compromised with scareware/prank scripts.

i figured it was nothing to worry about just checking tho i go to safe sites 18 and up and my norton is always running

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    Where exactly were you looking at pictures? Lol it's a prank, and it can lock up stuff through scripts. Consider running No Script and a very strong pop-up blocker.

....and perhaps stay off this image board if it's compromised with scareware/prank scripts.
    the yellow power ranger lol