Thread: Who searches Google for ADISC?

Lightbulb Who searches Google for ADISC?

I don't know if anyone has heard of Google Trends...? (What?! Everyone?! D'oh!)

Anyway, you can type in a term and see how it has been "trending" on Google. Here's a graph showing how the number of searches for "ADISC" has varied over time...

https://www.google.com/trends/explor...q=ADISC&cmpt=q

Interestingly... for every 73 people in the UK or US who have searched for ADISC, 100 people from Canada did! Which is surprising since a touch over 50% of users seem to be from the US according to a recent poll...

And this graph breaks down the relative number of searches by US state. Amazingly nearly all searches for "ADISC" in the US seem to come from just six states, with Pensylvania being way above the others.

https://www.google.com/trends/explor...&geo=US&cmpt=q

I just thought I'd share these stats as I found them kind-of interesting, although I'm not sure I believe them...

Can anyone think of a reason that searches for "ADISC" seem to be concentrated to only certain states? Are all American ISPs based in these states, so everyone connecting appears to be accessing Google from there instead of their real home state...?

I haven't played with Google Trends at all, but I have occasionally searched for ADISC content on Google, wondering what sorts of sites have linked here, quoted posts from here, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    IInterestingly... for every 73 people in the UK or US who have searched for ADISC, 100 people from Canada did! Which is surprising since a touch over 50% of users seem to be from the US according to a recent poll...
    Maybe it's because of ADISQ. Mistyped URL. My guess, anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Can anyone think of a reason that searches for "ADISC" seem to be concentrated to only certain states?
    yes, but i'm not saying as i don't want to get neg-repped

oo. btw, there's also an ADISC in Argentina (music site) and even typing in things like 'a disc' will throw up this site (not to mention any reference to diapers and stuff).

It was a Google search is how I found the site. Google trends looks like it might be for to toy with.

Using google trends to compare search volumes for various AB/DL terms to other terms is quite interesting as well. I've toyed with the idea before of using that to estimate the prevalence of AB/DL, but haven't yet. I realize it's not perfect, but it's still interesting data.