Thread: Have gone back to wearing 24/7

Default Have gone back to wearing 24/7

I am going into my third week of wearing protection 24/7. This time I think it is for good.

The first few days I din't use them that much, only if I had to. But the last few day I haven't even bothered trying to make it a toilet, I have just used my pull ups. I don't think I'm being lazy, just that I know I am wearing protection and I going when I feel the urge.

Having dealt with Urge Ic for most of my life I have worn and not worn during the day, mainly I let negative reactions to me wearing a diaper get to me, even knowing that it is best if I am protected.

Even those of us who have to wear diapers for need have gone through a lot of bad reactions from other people. I should have been wearing protection since I was in my 30's. But reactions from people who don't even bother to ask why can be the hardest thing to deal with. I think it is the the general public looks at things, that a younger man should not be wearing a diaper.

I think there should be more education on why some people need to wear diapers and not just let misconceptions get in the way. Any one at any age can have IC problems and that needs to be stressed more.

I think to that it has been harder for men who have IC problems to deal with more than women. Most assume it is only something that happens to older men. As we here know that is not true.

Wetting ones pants is far worst than wearing a diaper.

This site has helped me a out a lot with understanding that I am not a lone with these problems. Now if the General Public were as informed as we are that would be great.

I hear you - especially about bad reactions and that wetting ones trousers is far worse than wetting the diapers/Ic products...

However to be fair, I have to add, that once I was out of school, I have had only limited exposure to negativity directed towards myself about my diapers.
    Interestingly probably my parents gave me the hardest time about this... As to them the diapers are no "solution"... They accepted it early enough, that I prefer using diapers and pads vs. a ton of half working meds with Nasty side effects or stuff like condom catheters,,, none the less they still gave me attitude about my choice.

School, especially the first few years were he'll on earth...
    I felt a bit like "sue" from that Johnny cash song "a boy named sue" (google the lyrics... Amazing song).
    The positive aspect was that I got bad ass into sports and got really fit... I've had learned quickly that the idiots leave you alone and bullies run away when despite your incontinence you can easily dominate the physically...
    Besides being physically really very fit ave me a lot of confidence during my late teens and adolescent years - despite the Ic issues. Mostly cause I never felt "limited"

In work life I never had any bad moment regarding my Ic. I've made sure that it was never obvious... I am by nature a discrete person when it comes to personal stuff.
    And the few times I had to share the info it was always received professionally.

Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    I hear you - especially about bad reactions and that wetting ones trousers is far worse than wetting the diapers/Ic products...

However to be fair, I have to add, that once I was out of school, I have had only limited exposure to negativity directed towards myself about my diapers.
    Interestingly probably my parents gave me the hardest time about this... As to them the diapers are no "solution"... They accepted it early enough, that I prefer using diapers and pads vs. a ton of half working meds with Nasty side effects or stuff like condom catheters,,, none the less they still gave me attitude about my choice.

School, especially the first few years were he'll on earth...
    I felt a bit like "sue" from that Johnny cash song "a boy named sue" (google the lyrics... Amazing song).
    The positive aspect was that I got bad ass into sports and got really fit... I've had learned quickly that the idiots leave you alone and bullies run away when despite your incontinence you can easily dominate the physically...
    Besides being physically really very fit ave me a lot of confidence during my late teens and adolescent years - despite the Ic issues. Mostly cause I never felt "limited"

In work life I never had any bad moment regarding my Ic. I've made sure that it was never obvious... I am by nature a discrete person when it comes to personal stuff.
    And the few times I had to share the info it was always received professionally.
    The pants wettings in school were the worst for me. My parents excuse was I waited to long. Had the mentioned it to the DR. the problem would have been discover a whole lot earlier than when I found out that was a physical problem. I was 30 when I found out that I have an abnormally small bladder, today it is only the size of a 6 or 7 year old's.

I started wearing diapers for my bed wetting when I was 19. After I found out about my daytime problems I also wore during the day but ran into some people who have the mentality of school children. For those who did bother to ask why understood.

When I started using diapers the adult diapers were still behind the pharmacist counter. But having the need to use then I never had a problem asking for them. I have been very discrete about wearing too, but once in a while when I bend over the top of the diaper gets exposed.

Unlike you who stood your ground I retreated into a shell. in school