Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I'm not a Brony, BUT!

Default So I'm not a Brony, BUT!

At the office Christmas party, I exposed that I knew just a little too much about MLPFIM. I am NOT a Brony, simply because I've only seen 3 episodes, and I don't obsess about it. However, my friends at my very, very small company have designated me as a true MLP fan! So every now and then, I find a new figurine on my desk!

I find this hilarious. I embrace it and joke with them about it. Honestly, if each one of them watched it, I could see them enjoying it. For true. But anyways, I thought it was an interesting anecdote. PLUS! Whenever a young girl (child of one of my co-workers visits) and sees one of the ponies, I ALWAYS let them take it home.

Honestly, I have no emotional or deep connection to the show. I like it because it reminds me of the Power Puff Girls. BUT, I don't think negatively of those that love it. As far as I'm concerned, loving a children's show is just like loving a diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by huskvarna View Post
    Haha, I wish my coworkers would do things like that.
    Do you work in the green industry too? I work a landscape company, and from your screen name, I just kinda figured...

PaddedPuppy

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    I am sorry to sound stupid, but what is a Brony?
    The word is a mix of Bro and Pony. A brony is someone who loves my little pony friendship is magic.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddedPuppy View Post
    The word is a mix of Bro and Pony. A brony is someone who loves my little pony friendship is magic.
    to be more precise:
    since MLP is supposedly mainly geared towards girls, "brony" describes a male person who is into MLP.
    probably because whoever came up with it thought that it's weird for guys to like cute cuddly things

PaddedPuppy

Yeah I was just making a quick post I was on from my phone and trying to avoid typing lots.
    Males liking ponies? Thats not at all weird. It would be weird to NOT like MLP!

I've never watched the show but I think they look pretty cute. And they're soooo colorful. I love colorful stuff

And for being into MLP. Who cares? Whatever makes you happy. I really love super mario stuff and I've got a 5 ft teddy bear. Everybody who gets shown round my appartment gets to see it. So what? Nobody's ever commented on it. Most people would probably want to have one themselves

i watch all 3 season and i was like "the shows not too bad" i didnt really turn into a brony, but i feel like i slowing am and im finding myself buying MLP things.....mostly fluttershy as she is the best pony :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bambusa View Post
    Do you work in the green industry too? I work a landscape company, and from your screen name, I just kinda figured...
    Na I actually work as a carpenter.