Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For those that plan on procreating:

Default For those that plan on procreating:

For those that plan on having children, will you choose to diaper your baby in disposable or cloth? I think disposable. They are easy and allow the baby to learn to walk unencumbered. On the other hand, they are environmentally unfriendly, but in the words of Bart Simpson, "The Sun is going to burn up anyway. Why spend our last days using inferior products?"

We used disposables. We talked about the environment but then there's the messes and washings and so we decided to fill the landfill for a few years.

I'm a DL who likes to wear cloth, but you better believe we used disposables with our kids. It's just so much easier to throw out poopy diapers as opposed to washing them. Our daughter and son-in-law discovered that if you order them in bulk on Amazon, you can save a lot of money. They come delivered right to their door which is a convenience.

I had no choice. My wife said disposable and disposables it was.

cloth are so much more comfortable for me to wear, does it not follow that cloth would be more comfortable for my child? Also, I have friends that have saved a lot buy using cloth.

but I don't really know anything about changing a baby or toddlers diaper.

We started with cloth but my spouse got a little overwhelmed with extra laundry once back at work. So disposables it had been. Part of the original decision was for my sake since I prefer disposables myself....However as I've said in other posts, any worry of having some kind of attraction for my kids' diapers was totally unfounded in actual experience. I hope to use cloth again but our kid is almost ready to potty train.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambusa View Post
    For those that plan on having children, will you choose to diaper your baby in disposable or cloth? I think disposable. They are easy and allow the baby to learn to walk unencumbered. On the other hand, they are environmentally unfriendly, but in the words of Bart Simpson, "The Sun is going to burn up anyway. Why spend our last days using inferior products?"
    Cloth since they're so much cuter and easier to handle.

Simple: DISPOSABLES all the way.
    Maybe only when the child does #2 in the toilet and only has the rare #1 accident... then I'd consider cloth.
    Sorry, have no desire to wash every day... also "convenience on the go".

we don't have children yet... but who knows.

Disposable. The diapers are gonna be used by someone, and I have no interest in using cloth. Too lazy. The planet is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by krone6 View Post
    Cloth since they're so much cuter and easier to handle.
    With all due respect - but EASIER TO HANDLE??? In what way please?

I mean one of the No.1 arguments AGAINST cloth is actually ease of handling...

Disposables: Take fresh one out of bag, unfold, tape on be done... change: untape, wipe, and repeat previous procedure - done... then ball up and throw away....
    Also more compact, thus able to carry more spares easily... also no need at all to carry a well sealed used diaper bag around (or what do you do with that stinky cloth diaper when you're "out and about"???)

Cloth: Wash them... if used, pre soak / pre clean if you don't wash every day (or if its a "stinky" one). Fresh one: Fit on, fiddle with pins or snappy (ok, there's velcro).... use plastic pants... or AIO (which take forever to dry and are problematic to wash at times).... now spares are easily double to triple the size of a disposable... so you need to carry more volume around... you need something like a nicely sealing diaper bag to stash away SOAKED and/or STINKY (Poo) diapers WITH you once you're outside of your own home... as of course you need to bring them back, scrape them clean (yikes) and then wash them & dry. They STAIN (unless you bleach them) - ok, arguably not "bad" but still kind of yuck...
    When you've ran out, you need disposables until they're washed and dry - which for example on holidays or visits means you'll carry a LOT of cloth diapers and mind you, you'll have still to deal with the dirty ones, one way or another... and personally, if you'd be visiting my place, I wouldn't fancy to wash your babies poo-diapers in my washing machine... sorry, gross.

Cloth: Harder to get good new ones (basically specialty stores or online) vs. Disposables: just about EVERY mall, small stores, pharmacies, gas stations (with shop), etc... sometimes even restaurants and other places have spares....

So? I'm really curious by what you assume that they're easier to handle?