Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I saw the strangest thing the other day...

Question I saw the strangest thing the other day...

So I was in a pharmacy with my girlfriend, trying to find lipstick for her. Now in this pharmacy, the cosmetics were in an open space, adjacent to the incontinence. What I saw kind of amazed me. There was a mother and I think a 7/8 year old girl. The girl was obviously diapered and they were looking for better diapers. The surprising thing to me was that this girl acted as if they were shopping for clothes. She commented ones which she liked, the colours of the packaging etc. And when her mother began to pick a brand she didn't like, she began protesting, and saying "I want those nappies". Then she asked to carry the packages of diapers to show what she was getting. This girl seemed perfectly normal, and spoke like any seven or eight year old would speak. This was just absolutely bizarre to me, that this girl acted almost like we may act in a perfect world. Unashamedly choosing diapers and showing them off. Any thoughts?

This is how it should be. No shame, no embarrassment. Just viewing diapers as a (albeit necessary) part of everyday clothing. Good parenting, I think.

TheAbdlBoss

maybe she has to wear them all the time so she is used to wearing them and they are normal to her

I think TheAbdlBoss hit the nail on the head. Note children with bladder problems might like some diaper vs other diapers as adults will.

If you're looking at the numbers of how much are affected by IC, besides that this situation sounds a little weird, it's not that spectacular.

And... well the shame or awareness of the stigmatisation surrounding it comes later ^_-

skyfoxpup

Quote Originally Posted by Vexxus View Post
    This is how it should be. No shame, no embarrassment. Just viewing diapers as a (albeit necessary) part of everyday clothing.
    Agreed veary good we should all be able to do thay

Quote Originally Posted by Vexxus View Post
    This is how it should be. No shame, no embarrassment. Just viewing diapers as a (albeit necessary) part of everyday clothing.

Good parenting, I think.
    This is what I had thought also.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

if the girl has to wear diapers, she should have some choice in which diapers she wears

Im sure she may be IC, just still at the age of "these are fun". Just wait till she gets older, the societal stigma...

Hopefully she will maintain her positive mind set about wearing in her future. If theyre needed, why not pick ones you fine pretty/cute as well as protective?