Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Changing Pacifiers/Dummies

Default Changing Pacifiers/Dummies

Hey all,

Just a quick question for those who use pacifiers/dummies.

My old one had a crack in it, making it uncomfortable to use so I went and bought two new ones at my local supermarket. I have one and my other half has the other one.

I changed from avent to mam. The reason is because I wanted a glow in the dark one and avent didn't have any there so I picked up a mam one.

My question to you all is, when you are changing your dummies/pacifiers, do you still want your old one even know it may be broken or needs bined? I love my new one, but in the back of my mind I still want my old one back.

Any thoughts/feedback?

Thanks,
    FlightSimPro

I'm planning on getting a replacement next month for one of mine. When I decide on what guard I want and order it from Pacifiers R Us I'll probably retire it to the collection.
    I like my ext teat 7's in silicone so that part won't change. I also like their custom made 3 colored clips to match the guard I choose.

I've tried to switch but I've become sooo attached to my green/purple Nuk guard that I just end up changing the teat. It's like getting new tires on your car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Never thought of doing that TyTy but I suppose it would be quicker just going and getting a new one even know I'm still attached to my old one. In fairness though, I still haven't binned it yet :P

If I switch to a new brand it takes me a couple nights to adjust. Though I do sometimes form a bit of an attachment to a certain paci.

The only thing I had to adjust too was the mouth shield as avent shields are only curved slightly whereas mam shields are curved alot. But I like it when the dummy presses up against my face don't ask why? I don't know either haha

Quote Originally Posted by FlightSimPro View Post
    The only thing I had to adjust too was the mouth shield as avent shields are only curved slightly whereas mam shields are curved alot. But I like it when the dummy presses up against my face don't ask why? I don't know either haha
    I love that feeling too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I like that feel too it's comforting

For me, I am not 'attached' to any of my baby things. If something is lost or broken, I simply get rid of it and get a new one. However, unlike a real baby or infant, I do try to take care of my things

I like it when the dummy presses up against my face
    So do I! It constantly reminds you of the pacifier being there. So soothing...