Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Think You Will Ever Fully Accept This?

Default Do You Think You Will Ever Fully Accept This?

I feel like I will always have a certain amount of guilt / shame about wearing diapers. As far as I've come in accepting this, even with the full support of my wife, it is a regular source of stress for me.

On the other hand, since I have generalized anxiety disorder, if it wasn't this, I would probably just stress over something else.

I already have. It took nearly a decade, and there where ups and downs, but at this point its not something that I am at all ashamed of.

No, I don't think I ever will. It is a burden in my life and wish it did not exist.

The is nothing shameful or anything to feel guilty about. It took me a few years of therapy to learn this. I have a reason to wear diapers but I also like wearing them and like being like a baby. There is nothing wrong in any of it. It is only a stigma that some people like to throw at us.

I think I will always have a bad thought or two about this side of me. But what really makes me feel bad is not being ab/ dl, but being unable to fill my ab/DL desires. The thought that I may never find someone to share this with, to give me the love and care I so desperately need, is more troubling than the fact that I have those desires in the first place.

I am jealous of those that have no problem with it. My main issue is that it is sexual for me. That is what makes me feel deviant. I can't seem to shake it. I'm just glad that my family and friends accept me, and none of my fears have ever come true.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambusa View Post
    I am jealous of those that have no problem with it. My main issue is that it is sexual for me. That is what makes me feel deviant. I can't seem to shake it. I'm just glad that my family and friends accept me, and none of my fears have ever come true.
    It's strongly sexual for me and it was still possible to become okay with it. I did that on my own, but I would classify that as my period of grudging self-acceptance. I had come to understand that it wasn't wrong and didn't make me bad and that it was probably always going to be with me but I wasn't too happy about it. It took talking to others like myself, making friends, and meeting those friends to put me on the positive side with this.

I still know it's strange but many other things people do are as well. It's unfortunate that there is a stigma attached to it but I no longer see that as my failing. I've seen how this quirky thing can be positive and loving and I only wish that I could have understood that sooner. I know everyone has to do this in their own time but try not to waste too much time seeing how it can be good.

The sexual part of it was the biggest hurdle that I had to cross. Diapers are no more than a different kind of underwear . It is the stigma of adults wearing diapers that is implanted in us as we grew up.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyrallen View Post
    The sexual part of it was the biggest hurdle that I had to cross. Diapers are no more than a different kind of underwear . It is the stigma of adults wearing diapers that is implanted in us as we grew up.
    If that approach works for you, that's great. It does nothing for me, unfortunately. Of course you are factually correct that diapers are just another kind of underwear but this is not a question like "boxers vs. briefs" for me. It is about how they feel and what they mean and that's far beyond a simple underwear preference. In point of fact, they are not my preferred underwear. I find conventional underpants more comfortable but diapers are for something beyond basic comfort or convenience and they fulfill that magic requirement to a "T".

I'm not jealous of those who have no problem with it. It's primarily sexual for me as well, but I've accepted it for myself. I've accepted that it is a part of me that I can indulge in privately. I don't share it with anyone. If there ever came a point in my life where I met someone that I feel I could share it with...who knows, I may feel even better. In any case, for now I'm fine with myself. I know that liking diapers is not seen as a "normal" thing, but I also know that there is no "normal". All I have to do is watch "my strange addiction" to know that there are far stranger things than getting off on wearing diapers.

-Gus