Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Everyone going back and forth on the Zimmerman/Martin case...

  1. #1

    Default Everyone going back and forth on the Zimmerman/Martin case...

    PLEASE open your minds, and then watch this video! See if it doesn't change your point of view on this case. Mind-blowing things you didn't and won't EVER see on mainstream media about both Mr. Zimmerman and Mr. Martin.

    AFTERBURNER w/ BILL WHITTLE: The Lynching - YouTube

  2. #2

    Default

    Mind-blowing!

    Oh, the video? Never mind. I was referring to the fact that you're citing PJ Media as though it's a legitimate source of anything except conservative BS. It's about as credible as WorldNetDaily or the Free Republic or Democratic Underground or some idiot on the street corner screaming that the end is near. PJ Media, formerly Pajamas Media, was created specifically to put out conservative messages because its founders apparently felt that the media was being overly critical of George W. Bush.

    If you care to post something from a legitimate source, I'd be happy to give it a fair shake.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by GoldDragonAurkarm View Post
    It's about as credible as WorldNetDaily or the Free Republic or Democratic Underground or some idiot on the street corner screaming that the end is near.
    This is actually a fairly good description of FR threads discussing the passage of marriage-equality laws.

  4. #4

    Default

    Did you watch it!? There narrator does nothing but CALMLY list facts and show how MANY things that the mainstream media CONVENIENTLY left out of nearly all of their reports. Not the least of which was ALWAYS using a picture of Travon that was AT LEAST 3 years old juxtaposed with a horrible mugshot of Mr. Zimmerman, and continually and purposely misrepresenting the histories of both. This has led to a horribly skewed view of the fact by most folks, because most folks didn't bother to research the actual facts themselves or watch more than a few minutes of the trial (if any), but instead just make up their minds off what little information they get from the mainstream media, Al Sharpton/Jesse Jackson, or their own already skewed friends. It's all just really, really sad. It's sad for the justice system, for the rule of law, and above all it's sad for Mr. Martin and Mr. Zimmerman, and both of their families!

    - - - Updated - - -

    BTW, if you can find even ONE thing in that video that is FACTUALLY WRONG or misleading, PLEASE enlighten me! I'm being serious here. I REALLY want to know. There is nothing he said in that video that is not based completely on truth and the facts.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also, this video is not really about the case itself but more about a how it has been misrepresented, and how Mr. Zimmerman was guilty, and Mr. Martin was practically a child saint in most people's eyes before any of the facts even came out! And it's almost all because of the media and the Al Sharpton types who want jump on anything that's even possibly racist, because it's how they get ratings and in Sharpton's case, it's how he makes a living! He makes a living off of dividing us and riling up the masses against each other! It's just totally pathetic!

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by BabyJessi View Post
    BTW, if you can find even ONE thing in that video that is FACTUALLY WRONG or misleading, PLEASE enlighten me! I'm being serious here. I REALLY want to know. There is nothing he said in that video that is not based completely on truth and the facts.
    The issue isn't always fact or lie (though that can be an issue as well). The issue is moreso the selective presentation of facts to lead someone to a certain conclusion.

    Fact: Adolf Hitler had a number of pets, including dogs and cats.
    Fact: Adolf Hitler was an avid supporter of animal rights.
    Fact: Adolf Hitler enacted stringent laws to support animal rights in Germany (and occupied territories) and to punish those who abuse animals.
    Reasonable conclusion based on said facts: Adolf Hitler is a notable historical figure for advocacy work for advancing animal welfare.

    Now I know the above conclusion is not reasonable, but the only reason I know that is because I have a great deal more knowledge about Adolf Hitler and the third reich than what's stated in the three facts I delineated. If the extent of your knowledge of Adolf Hitler is those three facts I posted, then the conclusion I posted above is an incredibly reasonable one.

    I don't have a great deal of knowledge about the Trayvon Martin case beyond the basics which no one is contesting. Frankly, while it certainly highlights issues that exist in this country with race and racial perceptions, I don't think it's worthy of the time that's been dedicated to it in the media. For all I know, the video you linked could have tons of facts. But I lack the background in the case to judge their authenticity unless the lies are blatant. Which PJM is not stupid enough to do.

    That brings us to a larger issue: do I trust the source? No. PJM is rather unapologetic in that it exists not to inform but to push a sociopolitical agenda. At that point, whether or not the facts it presents are true is rather irrelevant. Selectivity in presenting facts is the larger issue.

  6. #6

    Default

    Yes, I watched the video. It's the same shit that I've seen elsewhere, that Trayvon Martin was some sort of druggie asshole, George Zimmerman was a right upstanding citizen, and Trayvon Martin apparently deserved to die. Let's see: conspiracy theory with no backing that buying a flavored tea and some common candy is obviously proof that Martin was going to cook up some drugs when he got home. Druggies aren't innocent and they apparently deserve to die. He was a 17-year-old black kid wearing a hoodie, so he didn't "look" innocent so he apparently deserved to die. He flipped off a camera, so he was a bad guy, so he apparently deserved to die. He learned mixed martial arts, so he was obviously looking to kill someone, so he deserved to die.

    Edit: Oh, and the school was in on it too! Can't forget about that!

    I think it's also really telling that this "host" gets so pissed off at the end of the clip. He obviously has an emotional attachment to what he's arguing (and he is arguing, not merely presenting "facts"), indicating that he's emotionally invested and thus has an agenda he's pushing. If he were just presenting some facts to add to the discourse, he wouldn't be getting so worked up over this whole thing. That's the kind of emotional response one has when one is engaged in a heated back-and-forth, not when one is presenting some information. Before you suggest that he was just angry at the mainstream media's malfeasance, I will remind you that his hypotheses here are only hypotheses with no conclusive proof (unlike Zimmerman's following him or saying nasty things about him on the phone), and these "facts" really have no bearing on the case. If anything, if we accept these "facts" as valid, then they simply bolster my case that George Zimmerman was a dipshit that did a dipshit thing, put his life in jeopardy, and then grabbed the money off the table when he realized he was about to lose it all (referring to an analogy I made in the other thread recently).

    This video is little more than a hatchet job against a dead kid who cannot defend himself, at the least, and strikes me more as justifications as to why it was in fact right and proper and good that George Zimmerman killed Trayvon Martin. I mean, George Zimmerman is just a selfless hero who always gives of himself, right?

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by AEsahaettr View Post
    PJM is rather unapologetic in that it exists not to inform but to push a sociopolitical agenda. At that point, whether or not the facts it presents are true is rather irrelevant. Selectivity in presenting facts is the larger issue.
    Wow... You made my point rather well. Just substitute MSNBC or CBS or the name Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson in the place of PJM in your statement, and it fits perfectly. Isn't that EXACTLY what they do EVERY day? Just see the doctored phone call NBC played on air making it sound like Mr. Zimmerman was pointing out Mr. Martin's race, when in fact, the operator had asked him for a description and specifically for race, as irrefutable proof of them doing exactly what you are accusing PJM of doing...

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by BabyJessi View Post
    Wow... You made my point rather well.
    Your point is that PJM is an untrustworthy source and that posting links to it is a waste of your time and mine, and will do nothing but make all of us more poorly informed than we are by not doing anything? Color me surprised.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by GoldDragonAurkarm View Post
    Yes, I watched the video. It's the same shit that I've seen elsewhere, that Trayvon Martin was some sort of druggie asshole, George Zimmerman was a right upstanding citizen, and Trayvon Martin apparently deserved to die. Let's see: conspiracy theory with no backing that buying a flavored tea and some common candy is obviously proof that Martin was going to cook up some drugs when he got home. Druggies aren't innocent and they apparently deserve to die. He was a 17-year-old black kid wearing a hoodie, so he didn't "look" innocent so he apparently deserved to die. He flipped off a camera, so he was a bad guy, so he apparently deserved to die. He learned mixed martial arts, so he was obviously looking to kill someone, so he deserved to die.

    Edit: Oh, and the school was in on it too! Can't forget about that!

    I think it's also really telling that this "host" gets so pissed off at the end of the clip. He obviously has an emotional attachment to what he's arguing (and he is arguing, not merely presenting "facts"), indicating that he's emotionally invested and thus has an agenda he's pushing. If he were just presenting some facts to add to the discourse, he wouldn't be getting so worked up over this whole thing. That's the kind of emotional response one has when one is engaged in a heated back-and-forth, not when one is presenting some information. Before you suggest that he was just angry at the mainstream media's malfeasance, I will remind you that his hypotheses here are only hypotheses with no conclusive proof (unlike Zimmerman's following him or saying nasty things about him on the phone), and these "facts" really have no bearing on the case. If anything, if we accept these "facts" as valid, then they simply bolster my case that George Zimmerman was a dipshit that did a dipshit thing, put his life in jeopardy, and then grabbed the money off the table when he realized he was about to lose it all (referring to an analogy I made in the other thread recently).

    This video is little more than a hatchet job against a dead kid who cannot defend himself, at the least, and strikes me more as justifications as to why it was in fact right and proper and good that George Zimmerman killed Trayvon Martin. I mean, George Zimmerman is just a selfless hero who always gives of himself, right?
    That video NEVER said Travon deserved to die. ABSOLUTELY NO ONE that I know of that has argued for Zimmerman has ever said Travon deserved to die, and least of all for nothing more than his skin color, because no one does deserve that. What the video was saying though is that Travon was NOT the child angel that many on his side want you to think, and that we need to look at his mindset that night as well as George's. Yes, George was a wanna be cop that did more than he should that night, but Travon was a kid headed down the wrong path too, and the known facts of the days, weeks, and months of his life leading up to that night bear that out. ALL evidence in these two men's lives as well as evidence from that night points to no racial animous George's side, and to Travon getting upset that someone was following him, and instead of going into his relatives house like he easily could and should have, circling back, and violently confronting the man following him.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by BabyJessi View Post
    That video NEVER said Travon deserved to die.
    The KKK claims it isn't anti-black. It's just pro-white.

Similar Threads

  1. George Zimmerman: innocent or guilty?
    By skyfoxpup in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 281
    Last Post: 25-Aug-2013, 00:02
  2. The george zimmerman case
    By aleksander in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 19-Jun-2012, 22:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.