Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regrets, we all have them

Default Regrets, we all have them

As the title suggests, we are all human, and thus forth have done something we have regretted, so my question is, if you could go back and change one acton you have done, what would you change? I will post my story about a personal regret of mine later, when I have the time and wording to properly say it.

I don't think I have any big regrets of my past. I too might past again once I think of something big enough to warrant a repost. Some of my recent smaller regrets have been posting in certain threads on ADSIC and getting flak about it. I just want a nice place to hang out online and threads to contribute to. Perhaps one way to curtail those regrets is to either limit what I say or avoid threads that are controversial altogether.

that's my on regrets for now.

At my age, I have a long, long list, but one is memorable. When I was 12, there was a boy who lived across the street from me who was maybe a year younger, played with girls and was somewhat fragile. I can still see him in my mind, and he was also a beautiful, blond haired boy.

One day he was riding his bike in the street with some younger girls, and I came out on my bike, raced toward him, and punched him in the chest. He fell off his bike in pain and cried. I guess I thought it was great sport. It was the year we went bankrupt and we had to move. It was during that move I had a psychotic break and lost an entire week of conscious awareness.

Weeks later my mom told me that that same boy's house was broken into by the son of a doctor who was a neighbor, the son being a young adult. The young man shot both the boy's parents and raped the boy. The parents did survive, but this kid would have had to been scarred for the rest of his life.

I regret that I hit him and hurt him. Life is so full of pain, that now I desperately try not to add to it. We learn from these lessons, but one of the things we do learn is that we can't go back and make things right. We have to live with that and it bares its own pain.

Seems kinda silly given the deep emotional stuff that's probably gonna follow from others.. but I wish I'd taken better care of my teeth. I took terrible care of them when I was a kid/through school (pro-tip.. drinking then passing out when you get home and not brushing till like the next night is terrible in the long run), and have been paying the price for years. Even now where I've got like a whole daily regime involving approximately 8 million dollars in dental products, the damage is done, and I've probably got about 10 years of random problems popping up a constantly before I eventually have to just get them all ripped out and replaced with implants.

Other than that, mainly just stupid things I've said... usually while drunk... but nothing really earth shattering.

I'd probably say the biggest regret I have at this point in my life is how I acted towards my now deceased boyfriend.

I wasn't horrible to him or anything, I actually tried to be very kind to him, but if I could do it over I would have just dropped the issues I had with him. My boyfriend had a lot of mental issues, and did some not so kind things regarding my feelings due to them. I don't feel it was wrong of me to be upset, it was very understandable, but now that I know he only lived about 13 months after we started going together, I would react differently if I had the chance. It would mean so much to me now to just see him one more time, hear his voice one more time, anything. None of those things he did that bothered me so much would matter. If I could go back to the first night I found out he was doing something I really didn't agree with regarding our relationship, I'd just say, "I don't care, I'm just glad you're still with me, I love you."

Regrets, I've had a few (quoth frank and Sid)

More than a few. Well into middle age, I've been around long enough to have my share of triumphs and disasters... I guess my most enduring regrets are the acts of self-harm that left permanent, visible scars... However well things go later on, however much you find you love your life, those scars never go away and bear permanent witness to olden crises. And those are the ones by which you learn the hardest person to forgive is yourself.

On the other hand, while I kept my (our) little fetish closeted from nearly everyone (except fellow enthusiasts and a couple of very close friends and lovers) I never ever regretted its existence and role in my life. I just came back from padded camp bearing items that came to one of our ab's by way of some poor schmo in a purge phase... his loss, my gain. No regrets over this at all: In fact I would only regret failing to grab any opportunity for fun diapers afford me. It's part of who I am and has caused me no guilt, anxiety or heartache; I happen to like who I am and would regret losing this quirk. I am distinct, unusual, off the beaten track, and I am at peace with that. As Sid and Frankie continue on,

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
    When I bit off more than I could chew
    But through it all, when there was doubt
    I ate it up and spit it out
    I faced it all and I stood tall and did it my way

I've loved, I've laughed and cried
    I've had my fill, my share of losing

And now, as tears subside, I find it all so amusing
    To think I did all that
    And may I say, not in a shy way,
    "Oh, no, oh, no, not me, I did it my way"

For what is a man, what has he got?
    If not himself, then he has naught
    To say the things he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels
    The record shows I took the blows and did it my way!

Yes, it was my way

- - - Updated - - -

And having said all that, now is the time to emphatically recommend, to steal Burger King's slogan and put it to a much better use,

Last edited by Raccoon; 26-Jul-2013 at 08:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
    ps nice new avatar
    Thanks, it is bound to change a few times, but you might as well see me for a few weeks while I think about what I want my avatar to be and if need be, make it. As for that personal regret, the words are not as easy to come by as I initially thought, main reason, my memory is cloudy, like blackout cloudy, so when the story comes, I will tell

So, this is going back a few years (7 to be exact), grade 9 (2006), Halloween, My first class was English, and every except me came dressed up (I haven't dressed up for Halloween since grade 8), and this girl came in late, and she was dressed up as an TB (toddler actually, pacifier and cute pink fleece onsie with a teddy in her underarm I think), being me, I said something insulting. I only started regretting saying what I said 30 Mins later, yet, never apologized. My regret is just that, not apologizing to her, nothing happened after, but I could never look at her from that day forward without feeling something deep down, and wondering what would have happened of I complemented her instead. I guess the real reason I am posting this here is to see if there is a small chance (one in a million) that she may be here, and that I can apologize for saying what I said.