Thread: The Desires of AB/DL Reasoning etc.

Default The Desires of AB/DL Reasoning etc.

I've been considering the reasons / desires leading into the why's of Adult Babies / Diaper Lovers. I thought it would be interesting to hear what others have to say. My main thought(s) about the Adult Baby desires are two things:

Giving Up Control
    Giving Up Worries/Concerns etc. (At least the big ones that adults deal with.)

An adult baby gives up the control to the parent. Let's face it... you can't even be trusted to go potty like a big boy/girl! You have given the adult almost all of the control... you are in they're hands. This leads into the next part...

You don't have to worry about cooking dinner or doing the dishes. All that silly adult stuff is far... far... away. All you have to worry about, (if anything) is not making your mommy/daddy upset.

I am sure there are more reasons than this but these are my 2 cents on the subject!

For me, I think lately I've been viewing my AB/Caretaker side as a very safe way to give and receive love and affection. I've struggled with rejection issues my entire life, and quite honestly I still have this problem. I feel as though, for me, either being the little or the big, is a terrific way to share genuine emotions and innocent affection with another person.

Giving up some adult worries still plays a part, but really it's the emotions and love I'm desiring. There's this lack of ulterior motives in proper little/big play that I find to be so pleasant and freeing.

When I'm alone and playing little, I think it's to feel a sense of comfort and safety, and sometimes I feel as though I'm just dressing up to match the way I feel inside. Vulnerable, open, curious, loving, a bit unsure of myself, sometimes scared, with a dash of confusion by the adult world even though I'm supposedly one myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogsy View Post
    For me, I think lately I've been viewing my AB/Caretaker side as a very safe way to give and receive love and affection.
    Ooooh yes. I am so glad you brought this up. I can't believe I didn't think to mention that part! The feelings of love and affection are so strong between a child and a parent. This will most likely take place between lovers so love is already a part of the relationship but this kind of love feels...well...

....different?

It's just not the same. I think it's a stronger, more intimate connection between two people. Yes, potentially even stronger than making love in the first place....

....or am I just crazy?

I think that for me there's a difference between my every day AB/DL activities and age regression. I don't think I give up control when I am padded or even decked out in toddler gear. It's just a way I can decompress. I still have responsibilities, work, things like that so I can't really ever set that aside and just exist in a regressed state. When I regress then yeah, I do give up control, but it's so infrequent these days because I simply can't do it that often. Life gets in the way, so I take bits and pieces when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyMitchy View Post
    Ooooh yes. I am so glad you brought this up. I can't believe I didn't think to mention that part! The feelings of love and affection are so strong between a child and a parent. This will most likely take place between lovers so love is already a part of the relationship but this kind of love feels...well...

....different?

It's just not the same. I think it's a stronger, more intimate connection between two people. Yes, potentially even stronger than making love in the first place....

....or am I just crazy?
    I don't think you can accurately define the feelings an AB feels toward their mommy/daddy/sitter, what have you, and vice versa. It's something special, something to cherish, and something I'd like to experience one day, whichever side of the spectrum i happen to be on at the time. You'd be hard pressed to find something cuter than an adorable baby girl or boy falling asleep in your arms while you're cuddling them.

I broke it down based on what I feel and hear a lot of others say. AB: safe, comfort, fun, loved, small, helpless, innocence, simplicity.

AB: Broken down, feeling small and helpless typically is actually a bad thing for most people, but the fact that your kept cozy and safe can provide a deep and warm illusion of love and care. This also blocks out everything and puts you into the moment. No politics, no worries, no war, no hate; there is just love, comfort, fun, and bliss. For me, being AB also makes me more playful and energetic. I become extremely friendly and random and I enter this zone where I really am a kid again and everything is amazingly simple and pure. Everything is innocent.

DL: warm, crinkly, soft, scent, comfy, helpless. This one is a bit more obvious. For one you have a very soft and for most, eventually warm, article of clothing that wraps itself around the wearers most sensitive areas. So the cause of arousal is quite simple. However diapers also cause a lot of helplessness. Being wrapped up in a diaper can make you feel helpless knowing that you can no longer go anywhere else but in your pants. Infantile that everyone else has grown out of them while your's still have little hearts and balloons and clouds and blocks. In another way they make you feel loved and cared for, that the diaper is hugging you and your well protected and accepted for being a little tinkle-pants.

I hope this breakdown will at least provide a base from which to start from as the discussion of WHY someone would become AB or DL would be very lengthy and hypothetical, especially with the wide variants of people. Let me know your thoughts or if i missed anything!!!

It strikes me that being cared for, being nurtured and taken care of is a big part of things. And many people crave this without actual regression coming into the picture: sugar mommas, sugar daddies,I mean even making sure your job will have a pension so you are secure in your old age springs to mind. Can I reach for a video here, now?