Thread: Iron On Transfers

Default Iron On Transfers

I just recently picked up a onesie on EBay, but the Iron-On transfer cracked and tore apart. While I was able to get most of it off, a lot of the color is embedded into the fabric, showing what used to be there. I was wondering had anyone ever tried removing old Iron-On transfer material and adding a fresh one over the previous area, even though some of it still remains?

Figured I asked before wasting the time and ink.

use cloth to iron it on, make sure the garment is clean as well.

Thanks for the info Fate, I can't wait to check out some of your items

your welcome they will be out the end of next month I hope.

I think you'll have to remove the rest of the old iron on so you have a flat surface. Then you should be able to apply a new one. You might try ironing the old one to get it off.

I have it all off for the most part. With the exception of tiny bits and pieces, it's mostly the dye from the picture which is stuck on.

I think a new one should stick. You won't know until you try it, and what do you have to lose, other than the bleed through print. Go for it!

Already ahead of the game I'm figuring a dark design could probably mask the previous screw up lol.