Thread: Told my bestest friend that I'm bigender last night

Default Told my bestest friend that I'm bigender last night

It went perfectly!!!!! He said he completely and totally supports me, yayayayay!!!! c:

It is good when we are excepted for who we really are.

Yay! That's awesome news. I'm so happy you don't have to carry that alone anymore. Friends make it easier, for sure. Congratulations!

If you don't mind my asking, how did you realize you were bigender? You don't have to answer if it's too personal, but I'm just curious about how someone realizes that about them self.

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    Yay! That's awesome news. I'm so happy you don't have to carry that alone anymore. Friends make it easier, for sure. Congratulations!

If you don't mind my asking, how did you realize you were bigender? You don't have to answer if it's too personal, but I'm just curious about how someone realizes that about them self.
    Well, I've always wanted to be female (I'd wear dresses when I was younger, put on make up, etc etc, and it just felt more.. natural. Parents and such saw it as just a thing a lot of little boys go through). I remember telling my grandma a while back that I wanted to be a girl, and she just threatened me with exposure, so I kinda hid it for a while, even on this website. It took ages for me to be comfortable with it myself after that, but this website has been great . So I told my friend last night because I was under some stress, with just a tad bit coming from that. I knew he would accept me, but I was still really scared that he'd judge me on the fact that I didn't tell him sooner. But he's 150% ok with it and completely supports me. He also knows about my AB side, helped me pick out my sippy cup, and babies me a little bit on occasion (making sure I have my teddy when I sleep, popping my pacifier in my mouth, things like that).

Well, I'm glad your friend has been so awesome - those experiences of being threatened with shame for your self-expression must have been awful! Thanks for sharing your story. Every good experience with this gives me a little more hope for this world.

I'm glad you where able to open up and be honest with your friend, it's such a great relief to have someone you can be honest with and know they support you. I remember coming out to my friend last year he was and has been so supportive in every way, I cried myself to sleep the night I told him, he was so awesome and sweet! ~hugs~ So so so happy for you

Default Coming out

I hid in the closet and cross dressed for 40 years.

My mother found my stash of clothes several times as a child. She would throw them away and tell me she did not approve but that she would not tell my father for what he would do to me.

I told my spouse after we had been married a couple of years around 1970. At first she supported me and even made me some clothes. But over time she became negative.

I finally came out in 1992. I started to tell people close to me like me kids. I had very little support. My spouse went around talking against me to anyone that would listen.

I moved in 1994. I lived full time except for work. Everyone I met at that time was a new acquaintance. They tended to take me as I was.

I finally came out at work. My bosses were very supportive. I took a week off to do the change and came back to work as Karen. While I was gone my bosses met with the department and informed them of the change. My immediate boss wrote an e-mail to all my internal clients (over 300 of them). He also called my external clients.

When I returned to work the response was unbelievable. I had dozens of e-mails and voice messages of support. Many co-workers stopped by my desk to give me support. I could not believe it. In the coming months I traveled around the country visiting company facilities as part of my job. Things went very well.I only ran into a couple of negative people out of thousands.

So things did not go well in 1992 when I came out in a small town. But in 2000 when I went full time in a large city thing went exceedingly well. Three things had changed. I was in a large liberal city, It was now the year 2000 and attitudes had really changed in a few short years and my ex-wife was not around to bad mouth me.

I feel that being straight forward with people as soon as possible so you tell them yourself instead of by rumor is important. Also it is now 2013 and attitudes have changed. Why even the President of the United States supports trans people in a public way.

So now is the time to transition.

I think it's good that people accept it. I have several friends who came out to me and one said he was really nervous. Dunno why tho. It doesn't change the person that I still love. And it never should if you are a true friend. Congrats tho :3

Thats amazing that your friend is sooo supportive of you!

Have you thought about dressing up around him to see how he acts?

Very happy for you... Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by bill6639 View Post
    Thats amazing that your friend is sooo supportive of you!

Have you thought about dressing up around him to see how he acts?

Very happy for you... Congrats!
    I'll dress feminine around him, but that really isn't saying much as I've dressed more on the feminine side for a while now :P I'm sure he wouldn't mind, though . He is still getting used to it, though, still calls me Joey from time to time, but usually corrects himself on it .