Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone should invent diaper tape.

Default Someone should invent diaper tape.

Someone should invent diaper tape that goes around the entire waist of the diaper once you have fastened it tightly. Im fed up of having to safety pin my tenas after a while because they keep falling down sometimes D:

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusDaBear View Post

It can fix anything

They do make duct tape in many colors and fun prints. I was in Home Depot recently and they must have had 20 different rolls

They use to sell it in the late 80s and early 90s for baby diapers and was white in color,

Quote Originally Posted by nappiebutt1993 View Post
    Someone should invent diaper tape that goes around the entire waist of the diaper once you have fastened it tightly. Im fed up of having to safety pin my tenas after a while because they keep falling down sometimes D:
    I've been wearing diapers (and other IC products) my entire life... (34 years so far).
    And I know that sometimes tapes can suck.. I'm also aware that most manufacturers had / have batches of diapers or models where the tapes would be an epic fail.

However, especially with TENA in the last 5 years I have found the tapes to be amazingly good.
    Same goes for Attends Slip Regular (M8-10)... I have in all the years maybe had two or three tapes come loose... but that mostly was probably by wrongly attaching them, or oily fingers...

Anyhow. if you tape your diapers TOO TIGHT the tapes will eventually stretch out and fail.
    get it "snug" but moderately so.
    if you prefer a tight / snug fit, wear a fixation type mesh pant over the diaper... it'll hold it in place no matter what.

Personally, whilst in a pinch I had used duct tape to tape on diapers in the past when I had a series / box full of diapers with tape issues, I always considered it a hassle to wrap myself up in duct tape

Thus I'd recommend to check on how you put that diaper on... remember: too tight and it's bound to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusDaBear View Post

Been using it for a long time.

Using duct tape allows you to tape a diaper so securely that, should you need to remove it for a bowel movement or other requirement, you should be able to slide it down over your hips and still pull it back up again without breaking the tapes. I am medically fecal incontinent so I often can wear my diapers up to 14-16 hours unless I have a fecal accident or a bowel movement. Normal diaper tapes just were not designed to last that long.

Other tapes also work, but none so effectively as duct tape. On the other hand, the finished result will not be pretty, but that should not matter unless you plan to exhibit your diaper!

--JD

Funny this one came up, I think I've managed to create a workaround for tena slips anyway.

http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-ta...ml#post1081478

Put some photo's of the modification in this post, although duck tape does tend to work too.

I've seen a ton of duct tape designs at Wal-Mart. Anything from Hello Kitty to Sports teams and sponge bob.