Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost friends of your childhood...

Default Lost friends of your childhood...

The title preaty much says it it all.

some how you lost a friend in your childhood by them moving or changing school ect.

would you want to get back in contact with them and know how there doing to just know how there doing and at least alive?

Yes and I have thanks to social media sites. Sadly, I have found where some of my friends have passed away over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    Yes and I have thanks to social media sites. Sadly, I have found where some of my friends have passed away over the years.
    I am sorry to hear that yet glad you have found some. Sadly I do not know mines last name other wise it would be easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebus View Post
    I am sorry to hear that yet glad you have found some. Sadly I do not know mines last name other wise it would be easier.
    No yearbooks? No reunions yet? Check the library and your school(s) in your city and see if they have old yearbooks you can look through.

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    No yearbooks? No reunions yet? Check the library and your school(s) in your city and see if they have old yearbooks you can look through.
    the year book idea got me while we were to young for year books my childhood friends brothers and sister were near high school or in high school so i went and looked AND I FOUND ALL 3!

So I found out the last name is Simon

not to start searching other places

edit
    update

i found the whole family on facebook...
    Last edited by Zebus; 22-Jul-2013 at 09:38.

There are a few I might like to see again but for the majority they are best forgotten as I grew up in a poor family in a rich snobbish town.

My novel is about childhood friendship and how special it is. When I was 12, my parents went bankrupt and we had to move. It meant I had to leave my best friend, Jeff. We both enjoyed making model cars, music, and riding our bikes. We had that close relationship that boys that age can have. When we moved I lost an entire week of consciousness as I had a psychotic break.

Jeff had built the model, The Visible V-8, and I was amazed by it, the 12 year old mind I suppose. After the move, I asked for it for Christmas. In three days I had it built. That night I woke up, thinking about Jeff. I left my bedroom and quietly went downstairs to the living room where the tree was. I turned on the lights and then ran my visible V-8. Anyone who ever built that model knows that as the pistons go up and down in the clear plastic cylinders, the distributor turns and the spark plugs flash as each cylinder fires. I started to cry, thinking of Jeff, and it wasn't long before my mom came to investigate. She was both understanding and comforting, and after talking for awhile, I went back to bed.

At the end of my novel, my father character looks at his children and their friends and reflects that as adults, we will never know that kind of bond again. Our membership on this site is special. We value being young if not little. Is it any wonder that childhood and friendship wouldn't be precious to us.

I lost my best friend when we were both 12. His parents moved from Arizona to Oregon. For 12 year olds, it might as well have been clear across the world. We lost touch during our teen years. He looked me up a couple of times over the last 40 years. I cherish the pieces of the Berlin wall and beer mug he gave me during one of those visits. You see, he was in the military and in Germany at the time of the wall coming down. I haven't seen him in over 10 years. I plan on doing some traveling when I retire. I know he settled in Arkansas so maybe I'll try to locate and visit him and his family then.

I went to my 25 year high school reunion some years ago but didn't find anyone there that I knew. The school had a large graduating class and I was never a social butterfly, especially during my high school years. I really don't have any desire to go to another one.

I am actually closer to my parents and siblings than I am to any people that I am not related to. My family is both family and friend to me.

One friend stole from me and I caught him doing so, and he denied it. After I got my things back, I let him know just what a pathetic person he is. He had apparently being doing it for years. When I forced my way into his room and his house because I'll be damned if that's going to happen, I discovered a nice bundle of my games I thought I had simply lost.