Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baby formula

Default Baby formula

Yesterday while I was changing my diaper I got thirsty but the milk was expired and there was no soda for me to drink out of my sippy cup so I realized that I can get baby formula but I don't know how it tastes I would like an honest opinion so that I don't waste my money on something that I don't like and I don't know what kind I should get I live in the US and the closest store to me is cvs and it looks like they only sell similac and enfamil I don't know what is good and cheap and I want something I can just pour in my bottle and drink so that I don't just sit there watching Barney or Sesame Street or something wearing a nice clean diaper with nothing to drink because sucking on my pacifier makes me thirsty so please help

Well the only way you are going to find out if you like the taste is by buying it and trying it for yourself. Some people love it, others hate it. To me its one of the nicest drinks there is. To my boyfriend "Its like puke thats been reheated 5 times over"

I have drunk the Similac version. I like it better cold, not room temperature or warm (I have never liked warm milk). I can't describe the taste, but I wouldn't give up soda or water for formula and I wouldn't want it every day.

Even a small bottle is not cheap. My suggestion is just get the smallest container you can and try it. I really do not see any other way (unless you can found a family with a real baby and get some of theirs?

In my opinion Similac taste better than Enfamil. If you won't want to drink regular milk or soda how about juice? Orange juice might not work that well in a bottle or sippy cup. Maybe you could drink apple juice. Having tried Gerber's pear juice I would highly recommend it :P Honestly pear juice taste so much better than apple juice haha.

Not sure if you get it in the US but I like to drink the nestle S-26 Gold Toddler before bed. 5 scoops to 200ml water, warm in microwave and shake. It's yummy.

Cool Baby formula

I was thinking of getting baby formula as mentioned in my previous post but I don't k ow what it tastes like I was thinking to get similac either go & grow powdered formula or similac advance ready to feed liquid formula but either way will it give me diarrhea because I know that formula fed babies have diarrhea but anyway which formula should I get I want something cheaper than $10 and would I be able to drink it out of a sippy cup or should I get a baby bottle?

Both i would suspect have long shelf lives so either.... powdered means you have the hassle of having to make it up each time but ready made saves you the trouble. Different age powder milk and ready made can taste different too, Over in the UK I found Vow and Gate 1-2yrs growing up milk, to be the best tasting with powdered millk which when warmed tastes a little like banana milkshake. BUT 1-2yrs Growing up (ready made) milk is cold or room temp and does not taste the same as it powdered brother.......... so choice is yours.. find either powdered - whichever age?... or ready made - whichever age? and go with it.......depending on your "baby" age depends on bottle or sippy cup. I have both and use bottle for milk and sippy cups for juice. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cow-and-gate-baby-milk-powder-baby-ad-bade7.jpg 
Views:	1024 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	17824 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CGF091_C&Gfoods_GUM_1_2_200ml201305240311.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	17825 Hope this helps... Not sure what similac tastes like.... GOOD LUCK in your quest to find the perfect milk and keep us updated on milk choice (Powder or ready made... and age) and Bottle or sippy

I would go with the ready to feed. a small size if you can find it just in case you don't like. As for the bottle or sippy cup that is up to you. I drink mine from a bottle. It has never given me the runs.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyrallen View Post
    I would go with the ready to feed. a small size if you can find it just in case you don't like. As for the bottle or sippy cup that is up to you. I drink mine from a bottle. It has never given me the runs.
    I tried similac ready to feed the case of the small bottles I didn't really like the taste I gagged at first then I just dumped the rest of the bottle out and it just made me have to wet I just went in my diaper but it leaked I hope the formula does give me diarrhea so that I can go in my diaper I don't know how a diarrhea diaper feels

I have had regular adult powdered milk and have not liked it at all. Maybe because I grew up with regular milk?

Anyway, that experience is why I have never tried powdered baby formula.

As to liquid formula - I have had Similac and I think it is ok. I prefer it refrigerator cold (not warm like you do for real babies). When I have formula, I drink from a bottle.