Thread: Time to say hello I guess.

Default Time to say hello I guess.

Hello all.

This is Abner doing the talking, as if you couldn't already tell. LOL

As you can probably tell by having read my profile and my initial posts I am into activities of the outside nature and at the same time enjoy spending time in the library, class room, internet, or a book store/coffee shop where all of these activities can come together at once (better yet, let's enjoy a brew while sitting on the bank of the river and talk awhile). I have always been into an active life and intend to strive for this to continue for rest of my life. No reason to mess around with Mr. In-between, now is there.

I have never been into the AB side of this whole thing, but am aware that for some folks it is a part which is very important to them and I am most willing to learn about it and add to the conversation at hand if at all possible, but if not, then I will just keep my mouth shut. No, for myself, I would say that I am more interested in the DL/IC side of things, both for my own situation and for those around me that either can't or won't see it happening until it is too late.

I have been here for almost 2 weeks, making a few comments, but mostly getting to know this neighborhood and those that live here. I have found it to be both welcoming and caring.

Probably the most interesting to myself is that this ADISC thing is all about sharing together, helping each other, and by having done so, being able to learn to except one's self as normal and as right as rain. We all seem to understand that we are walking on thin ice much of the time, but there is safety in numbers isn't there?

Cheers and Ta for now mates,
    Abner

PS I hope you all like my avatar....I think it is good one and I am so glad I was able to find the picture. I find it to depict quietness&calmness, but at the same time readiness&willingness for whatever has, or will come my way.

Quote Originally Posted by Abner View Post
    Hello all.

This is Abner doing the talking, as if you couldn't already tell. LOL

As you can probably tell by having read my profile and my initial posts I am into activities of the outside nature and at the same time enjoy spending time in the library, class room, internet, or a book store/coffee shop where all of these activities can come together at once (better yet, let's enjoy a brew while sitting on the bank of the river and talk awhile). I have always been into an active life and intend to strive for this to continue for rest of my life. No reason to mess around with Mr. In-between, now is there.

I have never been into the AB side of this whole thing, but am aware that for some folks it is a part which is very important to them and I am most willing to learn about it and add to the conversation at hand if at all possible, but if not, then I will just keep my mouth shut. No, for myself, I would say that I am more interested in the DL/IC side of things, both for my own situation and for those around me that either can't or won't see it happening until it is too late.

I have been here for almost 2 weeks, making a few comments, but mostly getting to know this neighborhood and those that live here. I have found it to be both welcoming and caring.

Probably the most interesting to myself is that this ADISC thing is all about sharing together, helping each other, and by having done so, being able to learn to except one's self as normal and as right as rain. We all seem to understand that we are walking on thin ice much of the time, but there is safety in numbers isn't there?

Cheers and Ta for now mates,
    Abner

PS I hope you all like my avatar....I think it is good one and I am so glad I was able to find the picture. I find it to depict quietness&calmness, but at the same time readiness&willingness for whatever has, or will come my way.
    Welcome Abner to ADISC! I like your avatar. I'm retired my self here in North Texas. With that canoe I would say your probably in the upper midwest. My self I'm originally from Iowa. I always liked the
    outdoors when I was a lot younger. Did a lot of fishing back then on the Mississippi and backwaters. Now I don't do any of that. Now I watch mostly Texas Rangers baseball and NASCAR. I hope you
    enjoy your time here.

Hi, Abner!

I had not noticed that you hadn't posted an intro; bad boy! Ah well: you've rectified the situation now, and I'm happy to meet you officially. I do like that avatar, BTW, for exactly the reasons you mention, but then again I love symbolism. It's a fault. :-)

You really seem like someone I could enjoy talking with on the banks of that river, but that's another story. Sorry we're both in the IC boat. (No pun intended there.)

Quote Originally Posted by ICkaraokegirl View Post
    Hi, Abner!

I had not noticed that you hadn't posted an intro; bad boy! Ah well: you've rectified the situation now, and I'm happy to meet you officially. I do like that avatar, BTW, for exactly the reasons you mention, but then again I love symbolism. It's a fault. :-)

You really seem like someone I could enjoy talking with on the banks of that river, but that's another story. Sorry we're both in the IC boat. (No pun intended there.)
    LOL Tanks mon.

Really enjoyed that come back, good thing I didn't have a mouthful of java. LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    Welcome Abner to ADISC! I like your avatar. I'm retired my self here in North Texas. With that canoe I would say your probably in the upper midwest. My self I'm originally from Iowa. I always liked the
    outdoors when I was a lot younger. Did a lot of fishing back then on the Mississippi and backwaters. Now I don't do any of that. Now I watch mostly Texas Rangers baseball and NASCAR. I hope you
    enjoy your time here.
    Thank you very much.