Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Embarrassed and Confused

Default Embarrassed and Confused

Hey everyone!

So I have always enjoyed wearing and using diapers by choice and of course I have always been curious about losing control. I am a cop in the city I live in so I keep this side of my life pretty secretive. Lately, I have been having trouble making it to the bathroom in time while I'm at work. I am a female and I can't always get my gear off in time to make it to the bathroom in time. Luckily the last few times I have been able to get down to my underwear before losing the ability to hold it and I just throw them away. However, tonight I was driving home from dinner and I had the urge to use the bathroom (both 1 and 2) and I couldn't make it the 15 minutes from when I got the urge until I got home. I made it to the parking lot in front of my building, got out of my car and lost control and had an accident. Nobody saw, but I am still embarrassed that it happened. I really don't want to wear diapers to work or out of necessity, but I feel like this situation is getting worse and I don't have a choice. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

First off, you obviously want to consider seeing a doctor about this. But at least if it does come to a point where you need to wear diapers to work, you already enjoy them, so it would be less of an adjustment as it would be for a non-dl.

Definitely see a doctor. Also, consider what you are eating and especially drinking. You said you were on your way home after dinner. Did you drink any caffeinated drinks or alcohol? Those can increase the urgency. There is medicine to control urgency.

Hi,

I don't know how old you are, but aging could also play a part in things. Still, as others are saying, the best advice anyone can give you is to see a doctor. I have recently lost all control of my bladder and that is what I'm doing.

Like the others have said get a Drs appointment and try to find the problem. For working you could consider using pads or pull ups versus wearing taped diapers which are harder to change.

See a doctor... really...

don't be embarrassed about it,... Incontinence can hit anyone from age 0- 190
    But you really want to get this checked out.... it can be many things, don't be scared. if you haven't had issues with this in the past, chances are VERY high that a visit to an urologist can solve it for good.

Also one word on doc choices: DO NOT see your general practitioner / familiy doc for this.. they know jack-sh... about incontinence issues usually. ... go straight to an urologist.

In the mean time, don't go diapers on your job, especially in that line of work

Get some small incontinence pads (not the female menstrual pads...)... just some high quality, thin, basic IC Pads... and wear those.
    You don't want to have an embarrassing moment with soaked pants at work.

The use of pads instead of diapers (at least at first) would probably be a good choice indeed, of course that is to say, only if they would be enough to absorb the amount of fluid we are talking about.

And as already noted..."Get thee to a urologist"...your personal respect and confidence demand it.

Some added information:

Couple of things you can do until you have the urologist's appointment:

1- micturition diary... that will be helpful (and most likely suggested by the urologist at your first appointment, so if you already have one, even better)_
    -> this is basically a short type diary of what & when and how much you did drink and when and how much you did pee ... it's hard to judge how much you pee so get some sort of a folding plastic container with a known volume. if you're at home and wear diapers - you can weigh them dry and weigh them wet (the number isn't an exact volume interpretation, but it's close enough).

2 - AVOID: Coffee, most black type teas (theine ), sugar sodapops (such as coke, etc.), energy drinks, alcoholic beverages. All of these drinks are serious diuretics (make you pee more)...

3 - Stay hydrated, but do NOT over hydrate... usually even when moderately active the average human body can NOT make use of a liquid intake of more than 2dl (0.043 US Gallons) over a timeframe of about 2 hours. Anything over this amount will be quickly expelled... you'll produce more urine and thus accidents are easier to happen.

4 - Develop a toilet routine: try to get a bit of a regular go-to-the-loo schedule... like every 2 hours. try to pee...

These 4 points will basically help you, by keeping hydrated yet not to the point where your body will produce a lot more then necessary urine.
    The toilet breaks, will give you a bit of a schedule to go on and also by emptying your bladder frequently in combination with watching what & how much you drink your bladder should never get bursting full or even have large amounts of urine in it.
    Thus it will LIMIT the chances for an accident and even in case of an accident, you'll not loose large quantities of urine.
    This way, you should be easily able to use normal Incontinence Pads to protect you & your clothes from an accident.

But mind you - none of the above is a FIX/REMEDY for Incontinence Issues - it's only a method of controlling the problem to some degree, making it easier to go about your daily stuff without too many worries.
    If you so far have been untouched by IC issues in your life and suddenly have started to have some issues, get it checked out asap. I do NOT intend to scare you, but IC can be a sign of other problems... stuff that should be taken care of.

Thank you all for the advice! My shifts are at least 8 hours and there are times I work longer than that without stopping for a bathroom break. My new plan is to use the bathroom about halfway through the shift and see if that solves the problem. If it doesn't then its off to the urologist for me. I also had one alcoholic beverage and multiple glasses of water last night before heading home. I may just have too high of expectations for my bladder! I'm still young (in my 20s) and I hope this stops. Thanks again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezmunkey91 View Post
    Thank you all for the advice! My shifts are at least 8 hours and there are times I work longer than that without stopping for a bathroom break. My new plan is to use the bathroom about halfway through the shift and see if that solves the problem. If it doesn't then its off to the urologist for me. I also had one alcoholic beverage and multiple glasses of water last night before heading home. I may just have too high of expectations for my bladder! I'm still young (in my 20s) and I hope this stops. Thanks again!!
    One word of advice: I know (trust me here, I'm 34 and have been dealing with IC my entire life) that going to an urologist about Incontinence isn't on the list of thing anyone actually wants to do in their life. Most are embarrassed about IC issues to the point where they rather put up with diapers than solving the problem (in my case, there can not be done a thing at the moment, and I happen to have to developed a habit of liking my diapers during my mid teens - possibly as coping mechanism.... So I'm OK with wearing diapers, but if tomorrow a chance pops up on the horizon to make my IC issues go away, I'd do a LOT for this)...
    What I'd like to say is: having accidents as you describe isn't "Normal" - especially when you're in your early 20ies.
    It's often a sign of something that should be checked out - and the earlier the better.
    It could be just stress, too much drink, etc.. but just don't wait this one out.
    better safe than sorry I'd say.

On another note: 8hrs+ without a bathroom break? well that's a bit harsh now isn't it?