Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yay, the Feds arrested the Governor.

Thumbs up Yay, the Feds arrested the Governor.

Ill. Gov Blagojevich arrested on corruption charges | Reuters

Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich was arrested on criminal charges on Tuesday, including trying to sell the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by fellow Democrat President-elect Barack Obama, federal prosecutors said.

Hopefully he'll get the cell next to former Governor Ryan.

Damn, and I thought Louisiana politics was bad. (We only have 1 former Gov. in jail, now)

Quote Originally Posted by snapcrotch View Post
    Damn, and I thought Louisiana politics was bad. (We only have 1 former Gov. in jail, now)
    I'm watching a press conference right now.

He has attempted to get an Editor at the Chicago Tribune fired.
    There is a bill waiting for signature, that involved a $100,000 donation to his campaign.
    He was trying to pull a $8 Million from a Children's Hospital.
    Among other things.

They should arrest half of the people in government, most are crooks anyway, you can bet your ass alot more politicians will be hideing what they do more carefully from now on.

Politics in the Land of Reagan (Lincoln too!) have been messy for years, but I knew a day like this would eventually happen. I live in Illinois, but this is the governor who thinks the capital of the state should be in Chicago.

While I'm sure Obama is trying to avoid this like the plague (like Bill would avoid Hillary), I wouldn't be surprised if this left a few fingerprints... Speaking of which, didn't Joe Biden get replaced within days? (not "after Christmas", like when Rod promised an Obama replacement!!!)

Since I think Bush will leave former Governor Ryan's pardon unsigned (he went to jail for "mere" bribery), he and Rod might end up having to share the same semi-private room. I know it's hard to say his name, but I hope the media eats this story alive.

Quote Originally Posted by snapcrotch View Post
    Maybe the people in Louisiana are finally sick and tired of our dirty politicians. Last Saturday voters in New Orleans ousted 9 term Congressman, William Jefferson, currently under federal inditement for money laundering and malfeasence, and elected a political newcomer, Ahn (Joe) Cao, a former Vietnamese refuge, to represent the 2nd. District in Washington.

Jefferson is a Democrat. Cao is a Republican.

One down...many more to go.
    Last edited by Zekk; 09-Dec-2008 at 21:19. Reason: Misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk View Post
    Maybe the people in Louisiana are finally sick and tired of our dirty politicians. Last Saturday voters in New Orleans ousted 9 term Congressman, William Jefferson, currently under federal inditement for money laundering and malfeasence, and elected a political newcomer, Ahn (Joe) Cao, a former Vietnamese refuge, to represent the 2nd. District in Washington.

Jefferson is a Democrat. Cao is a Republican.

One down...many more to go.
    Praise de lawd! Jefferson was a stain that needed washing out. A friend of mine is under the opinion that ANY federal or state official that is convicted of stealing, or anything money related, should get the death penalty.

I think that might slow some of this crap down, huh?

How convenient. The US attorney that pushed these charges is a Bush appointee.

Bush didn't do everything wrong.

I doubt Obama has done f(wut leterz are thez?)king anything in his seat since he started his campaign, why not give it away, although it should not be an auction.