Thread: Rattles?

Default Rattles?

Does anybody actually have/use a rattle? I have never had any interest in having one. Never had one as a kid. What is everybodies thoughts? To me it seems like rattles are more for little babies rather than toddlers.

I would say that it would not do any think for me as my little side is more toddler so a rattle would be boring. More into colouring and fun games and my soft toys super hugs

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I haven't had any desire for them. They make me think of this comic: Calvin and Hobbes Comic Strip, March 11, 1991 on
    I feel the same way, though that's probably because I never regress all the way to an infantile mindset. Also, bonus points for referencing Calvin and Hobbes.

Lol exactly

For me I guess the only attraction would be for whacking people with it. I am not a mean baby though. Mabye if it was nice to chew/suck on.

Rattles no, but I like things with Bells.

As an Autistic, I love the sounds of baby rattles.

I own a whole bunch of them

Alone playing with a rattle? I don't think so. An AB/DL parent shaking one in my face for role-play purposes? I'd smile and coo with delight

I play with rattlesnakes. Does that count? I guess it's because my mom would give me a rattler to play with, especially when she was tired of me. Damn, those suckers would bite!

To me it totally seems like that's what they use when they make an AB character in a movie just for the audience to mock, without doing any research into what AB's are about. Whenever I think of an AB holding a rattle, I can only think of poorly done mimicking of us and our needs.