Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: At what age is it "Acceptable" for a man to wear a diaper for bladder protection

  1. #1

    Default At what age is it "Acceptable" for a man to wear a diaper for bladder protection

    One of the comments I heard in my 30's was " Oh you're to young to be having those kinds of problems" Got news for those people I have had 'Those " kinds of problems all my life.

    Besides being the butt of some jokes by people who have the mentality of school children. It took me a long time to build up the courage to do something about my not being able to hold it to long. Sure I was wearing a diaper at night for bed wetting but I wasn't to keen on wearing during the day to. But I did give in. But I let comments by other people get to me and would stop wearing for a while then wear again then stop. In the end the only person that was hurt by me not wearing diapers was me. Wetting your pants does something to your self esteem .

    If people would have had the guts to ask why I was wearing diapers I would have gladly told them. Bladder control problems are hard to put up with with out having BS comments on top of it.

    Now that I am in my 60's if my diaper were spotted not much would be thought because it is more Acceptable of someone of my age to be using one. Just where does the age of someone come into this.

  2. #2

    Default

    Yeah, I know what you mean, and my parents didn't help either in that regard, they would always "encourage" me to try again with staying out of diapers at least during the day.

    Fortunately it didn't take until I was thirty, but we've pretty much come to terms with the fact that it's not happening.

  3. #3

    Default

    I don't see the value in perpetuating the stereotype that this is something age-based. I have no problems in this area and never wish to have any but if I did need diapers, I wouldn't let anyone make me feel worse about it because I wasn't old enough yet.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Maurepas View Post
    Yeah, I know what you mean, and my parents didn't help either in that regard, they would always "encourage" me to try again with staying out of diapers at least during the day.

    Fortunately it didn't take until I was thirty, but we've pretty much come to terms with the fact that it's not happening.
    Like I said it took a while for me to come to terms that I'm a wetter. The cause is an abnormally small bladder only the size of a 6 or 7 year old's.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I don't see the value in perpetuating the stereotype that this is something age-based. I have no problems in this area and never wish to have any but if I did need diapers, I wouldn't let anyone make me feel worse about it because I wasn't old enough yet.
    That was the problem I had I let what others said get to me. Bladder problems has no age of when they hit. A term I use for myself is being a wetter. I have never been able to hold it for more than 45 min. Now it's down to about 15 min.

  5. #5

    Default

    I get angry and almost want to show off my diapers so everyone knows young people have issues too. I have some abdl pins on my backpack, but I want to find an IC awareness pin.

  6. #6

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverSmall View Post
    I get angry and almost want to show off my diapers so everyone knows young people have issues too. I have some abdl pins on my backpack, but I want to find an IC awareness pin.
    Yep anyone at any age can be IC. Another comment I heard was that men don't have does kind of problems. A lot of BS out there about people who are IC.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by Dryper123 View Post
    I would say about <18 and >50.
    Try telling that to someone who has their heads up their butts. Any one at any age can have bladder or bowel problems. I've been a wetter all my life and the only thing I can do about is use protection.

  8. #8

    Default

    I'd say, "Whenever you f'ing want or need them." But, sometimes I rend to over simplify.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by xtrabulk View Post
    I'd say, "Whenever you f'ing want or need them." But, sometimes I rend to over simplify.
    That's putting it bluntly but truthfully. As long as some one is trying to take care of a problem discretely it should not concern any one else.

  10. #10

    Default

    In the late afternoon while my wife and I are getting dinner ready, we have the TV in the kitchen on, and there is a saturation (okay, pun intended) of Tena commercials, with these gals doing the "Tena Twist". They look to be 30 -40 in age. I think there is less social stigma about wearing diapers if there is a need than years ago. People are a lot more informed, especially about things medical. I wouldn't worry about wearing diapers in public. Most of the brands are thinner and less noticeable, and like we've often said on this site, no one is looking at your ass. (well, unless you're young and cute!)

Similar Threads

  1. Size "small" and "medium" seem to NEVER exist.
    By CJtheCat in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-Jan-2013, 06:20
  2. Are terms like "fetish" and "paraphilia" outdated/unhelpful?
    By cm90210 in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 31-Dec-2012, 22:24
  3. Replies: 99
    Last Post: 23-Jul-2012, 18:43
  4. Depend "Protection with Tabs"
    By LittleFlint in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 19-Oct-2011, 17:55

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.