Thread: Getting Tena Slip Maxi's

Default Getting Tena Slip Maxi's

So I decided to bite the bullet and give a try from this Medstar company.

I've bought a case of Tena Slip Maxi for about $145 after shipping. So I'm looking at about $2/diaper (I'm paying about $1.93 for Abenas when not on sale)

Looks like they've shipped from the US to Canada for me, but using UPS which could be another $40 for duty and taxes ($1/diaper....). I figured this would be a treat for me to try the Tena's once and for all.

I'd say if you're in the US, it's probably the cheapest way to get the Slip Maxi in medium or large without busting the bank.

I have not tried Abenas but I can certainly say that Tena Slip Maxi are really good, they may seem thin but they can hold up to a fair amount of usages and can go overnight. The best thing is the tapes it's almost impossible for them to pull off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikia View Post
    I have not tried Abenas but I can certainly say that Tena Slip Maxi are really good, they may seem thin but they can hold up to a fair amount of usages and can go overnight. The best thing is the tapes it's almost impossible for them to pull off.
    Except from the side where they attach to the diaper. They're a fine product but a little better quality assurance on the tape anchoring would be appreciated. Maybe making them a little wider would help.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Except from the side where they attach to the diaper. They're a fine product but a little better quality assurance on the tape anchoring would be appreciated. Maybe making them a little wider would help.
    I agree. The tape anchoring could be better. My current supply has folds in the tapes on the right hand side of the diaper making it a little harder to fasten.

Same here. The tape anchoring definatley needs improvement. I personally wouldn't mind seeing a one-tape system like ABU SuperDry Kids, instead of their two-tape set-up. That aside, I love this diaper! I love how form-fitting they can be. Now that they're available in the states, I get mine from XP Medical. Great service!

Good to hear! The closest I got was a sample Tena Slip Maxi small which they sell in Canada but it absolutely wouldn't fit. As soon as I checked this diaper out though I knew I wanted the medium size

I like Tena Slip Maxi's. I've been using them till XP Medical gets the Dry24/7's back in. I with a couple of the other poster's and wish the tapes were larger. I also like the double tape system
    better like on the Dry 24/7's.

The tapes on the Tena Slip Maxi are the weakest point, but they work better if you attach them at a slight angle (sort of like this > < but without meeting in the middle). I do tend to reenforce mine overnight with invisible sticky tape though.

They came in today and I've got one on that already needs changing soon!

I was surprised they were so thin compated to my M4's but after wetting half the diaper I've found out there's lots of SAP which makes the diaper puff out a lot (I LOVE diapers that are more gel than pulp and that get puffy)

The plastic is nice and soft and so far the tapes are holding, but yeah they're tiny!

Overall the case of 72 (3 packs) was about $160 for me which comes in just under $2.30/diaper. I've bought Abena M4's by the case on sale at $1.43 a diaper but they're regularly $2/diaper.

Being the Tena's came from Europe then shipped from the US to Canada (UPS shipping cost $50 in duties and taxes... $38 was UPS charges!) I'm considering this a treat.

Really happy with the company who I bought from, it would just save me $40 if they didn't use UPS.