Thread: Question about Cushies

Default Question about Cushies

So, I tried the ABU cushies for the first time today and they were awesome except for one thing. the fact that it only had one tape per side meant that there was just too much slack around the waist. Im right on the lower edge of the medium range (about 32 or 33 inch waist), so my question is, what is the best way to remedy the problem? I just used some packing tape which gave alright results, I was just wondering whether anybody had a solution that I hadnt thought of. Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by BabyTommy View Post
    So, I tried the ABU cushies for the first time today and they were awesome except for one thing. the fact that it only had one tape per side meant that there was just too much slack around the waist.
    "Slack" in what way? As in the diaper slid down when you stood up and you ended up with gapping in the crotch, or...?

My advice for putting on Cushies would be to put them on while standing: Hold the diaper behind you by the tapes while allowing the front of the diaper to hang loose. Adjust the height of the back of the diaper so that, when you pull the tapes around you, it really feels like it's hanging on your hips and butt and won't slide down. When you've found that perfect height, back yourself up against the wall so that you're holding the diaper in place with your butt. With your legs spread slightly, pull the front of the diaper up between your legs until it's nice and snug through your crotch, then pull the tapes forward and downward and apply them.

You may find that, by doing this, the front edge of the diaper ends up higher than the back, and that's ok. If you've got extra length in a disposable diaper, it's better off above the waistline than below, and the only place you can really control that is in the front.

What I tend to do with Cushies is I try and tape them loosely (not sticking them down as firmly as I can) at first, and then I carefully unstick them one side at a time to get a tighter fit, and press down firmly on the tapes this time to make sure they stay on. It might be best to do this standing so you can pull them up to a comfortable spot.