Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey!

Default Hey!

My introduction wont be very long, as my name suggests I am shy but when I get to know someone better I'm way more open.

I'm currently at university studying math and computer science, along with a little physics. I consider my self both ab and dl. At first it was just dl but now it's both.

The only sports that I enjoy playing are racket sports, like tennis, table tennis, badminton, and I want to try squash/racket ball but haven't had the chance yet. I also play video games a fair amount, I love math/science and just learning new things in general.

Before like this year I always hated reading books(I think because of school always making me read boring books), but I love reading now. If any of you have any good books you would recommend, fiction or non-fiction whatever, let me know!

I joined this site to meet new people like me. I have no ab/dl friends and would like some just to have someone to relate too. I am very open minded, and not judgmental. I'm the type of person that if I don't understand something or have never heard of it I want to learn as much as I can about it.

Anyway that's it, I guess it was kinda long but whatever! haha

Welcome to the forums and good intro! I too am pretty shy, and was even nervous signing up here, but I've opened up quite a bit.

I didn't care a lot for reading either when I was younger, but now I like to keep a library book or two around. I also volunteer in a library.

Hope you enjoy your stay here!

Books are a wonderful thing! I am an avid reader myself. What are the kinds of books that you enjoy?

Welcome to the forums!

Thanks ICkaraokegirl! It may be kinda sad but since I've had the harry potter series for like 8+ years now I decided to actually read them haha, and I love them. I'm going to buy the last one soon and finish it.

I also have two books at the library I'm waiting for, (after watching this documentary called "Transcendent man" I wanted to check out some of his books), they are non-fiction books about biology and technology combining.

They are called "The Singularity is Near" and "How to Create a Mind:The Secret of Human Thought Revealed" both by Ray Kurzweil if you are interested

I'm glad you finally read the HP books; they are wonderful. Rowling is not a great writer but the books are still truly enjoyable. Lots of YA books are; I love reading them. (Many are actually much better written, too.) ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ShyLittleBoy View Post
    What would you recommend?
    Oh, gosh. Have you read The Hunger Games series?

Welcome, to the community of friendly people Shy little boy.

And I agree, reading is very enjoyable and well worth it I might add.

As you get older and acquire more knowledge (and you will) you will appreciate it even more, because even though some people would say that it is not possible to increase your IQ rating you can increase your level of knowledge which is what IQ ratings are based upon, now isn't that a circle? LOL

At the end of the day, just remember to listen and observe.
    Last edited by Abner; 20-Jul-2013 at 20:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Abner View Post
    Welcome, to the community of friendly people Shy little boy.

And I agree, reading is very enjoyable and well worth it I might add.

As you get older and acquire more knowledge (and you will) you will appreciate it even more, because even though some people would say that it is not possible to increase your IQ rating you can increase your level of knowledge which is what IQ ratings are based upon, now isn't that a circle? LOL

At the end of the day, just remember to listen and observe.
    I don't believe IQ is a proper way to measure intelligence. Intelligence is too broad to be tested like that, in my opinion. But yah reading totally increases knowledge and literary skills.

Quote Originally Posted by ICkaraokegirl View Post
    Oh, gosh. Have you read The Hunger Games series?
    No I haven't, I watched the movie and didn't like it at all. Maybe I'll give the books a try at some point.

Well, many people told me (that had read the Hunger Game series of books)..."I just couldn't put the book down"...everyone of them said the same thing...a real page turner fer sure.