Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: living on babyfood?

Default living on babyfood?

I've got baby food and formula, I want to try live off it for a while (a few weeks, maybe a few months). I'm 19, 5'9, healthy slim build, how many bottles (260ml) of formula and jars / grams of baby food would I need to consume each day?
    I have Heinz baby food and Karicare + (#3 from 1 years old +)
    I'll have no problem making my own baby food with recipe's online when I run out of my jars

I believe this would be impossible your body need more nutritions than what babyfood and formula can provide.

I can't imagine you would have enough to live off of, but if you did the cost would probably be really really high to afford all you'd need.

I wouldn't do this.

The nutritional requirements of an adult are different from a newborn. I believe formula is primarily aimed at replacing breast milk.

I see no problem in a bottle or two of formula each day and a bit of baby food each day along with regular adult meals.

I do drink formula and eat baby food, but I do it occasionally and even on the days that I do this, I eat regular adult meals.

It's unsafe to do this since the requirment of a newborn is much different from an adult. For example, the first few months the food will be loaded with high fat and no salt due to the myelin sheath forming and the baby not being able to taste salt until around the 6 month mark. Have this stuff once in a while but no more.

I've seen that it's a diet in America, the baby food diet, in this diet they eat 1 adult meal a day and only eat baby food the rest of the day.
    I thought I'd try this with baby food and formula, I'll try it with 1 adult meal a day. I was wondering if any people here had experience with it, how much formula to drink and how much food would I need each day, I'll post how it goes on here, I'll try it for a week or two.
    This could actually be something that may start a healthier diet for me, I usually don't eat much more than a meal a day, not all that healthy at that, I've been living on my own for almost a year, so starting to eat the proper amount (albeit babyfood) may make me healthier and with more energy. of course I won't live off baby food for too long as it's expensive. This could start me off to eating healthier as I discover what flavours mix well (when I make my own babyfood).

Well,

I'm not a doctor...and I didn't stay at a holiday in last nite either...

Now, if you change the way you look at thi eating baby food and/or formula...

Let's say it is a fasting diet...I've went a week without any food several times...

I quite often don't eat for a day here and there...just didn't need it...

We as a "civilized" society say eat three squares a day...not needed...

Now, I'm sure that you can go a few days on nothing, so some baby food will just be like a treat...

As for longer time...

You can make baby food out of adult food...this was done before commercial baby food was available...

Hell, my dad after his stroke was served all his food puréed at the hospital...yummy meatloaf in a cup...drink up...

Anyhow, if you want to fast for a bit that is done all the time...I can't see anything in baby food that will hurt you...

Now, if you want to go longer make baby food from regular food and a food processor and/or blender...even smoothies...

Remember, our bodies can handle lots of things and food shortage we as a species have survived...

Now, just be careful, watch what your body is doing, and you will be fine for sure for a few days...then take a look at how your body is doing...

Fasting is done for many reasons, one of witch is to detoxify your body, especially your digestive tract...

We in our "civilized" countries eat lots of chemicals, gmo plants, pesticides, even bugs and rat feces.

I don't take care of my broken body as well as I should, but that's a personal choice...my gf she does fasting about once a year for I think 5-6 days...and I notice even during and especially after she feels much revitalized.

So, lookup fasting, keep safe, and have fun...
    Also, drink lots of water...

My two cents
    B

- - - Updated - - -

Well,

I'm not a doctor...and I didn't stay at a holiday in last nite either...

Now, if you change the way you look at thi eating baby food and/or formula...

Let's say it is a fasting diet...I've went a week without any food several times...

I quite often don't eat for a day here and there...just didn't need it...

We as a "civilized" society say eat three squares a day...not needed...

Now, I'm sure that you can go a few days on nothing, so some baby food will just be like a treat...

As for longer time...

You can make baby food out of adult food...this was done before commercial baby food was available...

Hell, my dad after his stroke was served all his food puréed at the hospital...yummy meatloaf in a cup...drink up...

Anyhow, if you want to fast for a bit that is done all the time...I can't see anything in baby food that will hurt you...

Now, if you want to go longer make baby food from regular food and a food processor and/or blender...even smoothies...

Remember, our bodies can handle lots of things and food shortage we as a species have survived...

Now, just be careful, watch what your body is doing, and you will be fine for sure for a few days...then take a look at how your body is doing...

Fasting is done for many reasons, one of witch is to detoxify your body, especially your digestive tract...

We in our "civilized" countries eat lots of chemicals, gmo plants, pesticides, even bugs and rat feces.

I don't take care of my broken body as well as I should, but that's a personal choice...my gf she does fasting about once a year for I think 5-6 days...and I notice even during and especially after she feels much revitalized.

So, lookup fasting, keep safe, and have fun...
    Also, drink lots of water...

My two cents
    B

You couldn't come close to meeting your nutritional needs. What you could do however is look up balanced vegetarian diets and blend the veggies to a consistency similar to baby food. As that will be a lot of volume I'd imagine you'll end up drinking a lot, but I think this is the closest you could come if you want to cut out that one adult meal a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Cauthon View Post
    You couldn't come close to meeting your nutritional needs. What you could do however is look up balanced vegetarian diets and blend the veggies to a consistency similar to baby food. As that will be a lot of volume I'd imagine you'll end up drinking a lot, but I think this is the closest you could come if you want to cut out that one adult meal a day.
    I disagree, the op said he could make his own...even buying jars you CAN get the calories and nutrition you need...

Like I said above people, myself included, fast...that's no to little food...some go longer than others...but, it's not uncommon...

Now, I don't have any jars of commercial baby food...and my gf kid wasn't feed much of the chemical laden jars of subpar goods...so, I'm not going to say how much you would need to eat...

Before gerber there was mother...yes milk...then smashed up whatever they were eating...

So, if you make your own, it's 100% doable....

Buying jars, most likely doable...I'd say 99%...the other 1% is you may need some trace minerals...

Now eating the jar stuff and formula...that's akin to eating McDonald's for every meal...not the most healthy...may have too much fat, or not much fiber...etc...but, still you can live on it...

Now back to make your own...you can now pick the very best for yourself...you will know what's in there...and buy good foods, organic, free range, non gmo foods if you can.

I'd bet you op that if you do this, and make baby"puréed" food, you will most likely have a much better diet than you did before...as long as you dont get McDonald's and throw that in the food processor...

Now, I've seen this type of question before where they say only drinking formula...not going to be too healthy...

Now, this OP can make his own...I'd say he will be eating healthier than most of us...

Think about what you'd make...to be blended it needs to be real food...

No potato chips, potatoes...much healthier
    No fast food! ... Dare I say healthier
    You most like will end up cutting out a lot of the carbs...breads don't blend well...pasta ok...
    No candy...who wants a Reece's flavored glop...you can but probably won't .
    The biggest thing will be cutting out the quick grab sacks...like chips, candy, soda pop, etc...

Op you have the potential to eat healthy...it's not as easy...but, your motivated hopefully now by two things.

ABness, and better diet...even if it's puréed...

B

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbabybret View Post
    I disagree, the op said he could make his own...even buying jars you CAN get the calories and nutrition you need...

Like I said above people, myself included, fast...that's no to little food...some go longer than others...but, it's not uncommon...

Now, I don't have any jars of commercial baby food...and my gf kid wasn't feed much of the chemical laden jars of subpar goods...so, I'm not going to say how much you would need to eat...

Before gerber there was mother...yes milk...then smashed up whatever they were eating...

So, if you make your own, it's 100% doable....

Buying jars, most likely doable...I'd say 99%...the other 1% is you may need some trace minerals...

Now eating the jar stuff and formula...that's akin to eating McDonald's for every meal...not the most healthy...may have too much fat, or not much fiber...etc...but, still you can live on it...

Now back to make your own...you can now pick the very best for yourself...you will know what's in there...and buy good foods, organic, free range, non gmo foods if you can.

I'd bet you op that if you do this, and make baby"puréed" food, you will most likely have a much better diet than you did before...as long as you dont get McDonald's and throw that in the food processor...

Now, I've seen this type of question before where they say only drinking formula...not going to be too healthy...

Now, this OP can make his own...I'd say he will be eating healthier than most of us...

Think about what you'd make...to be blended it needs to be real food...

No potato chips, potatoes...much healthier
    No fast food! ... Dare I say healthier
    You most like will end up cutting out a lot of the carbs...breads don't blend well...pasta ok...
    No candy...who wants a Reece's flavored glop...you can but probably won't .
    The biggest thing will be cutting out the quick grab sacks...like chips, candy, soda pop, etc...

Op you have the potential to eat healthy...it's not as easy...but, your motivated hopefully now by two things.

ABness, and better diet...even if it's puréed...

B
    Most baby foods, however, are strained, and it doesn't really matter, baby food is very poor nutritionally, what would be quite a healthy diet is just so short on everything with baby food unless you intend on consuming an insane amount (and if you intend to eat it LIKE a baby, it will take a VERY long time). Even if you're consuming "junk food", it would be SOMEWHAT healthier than what you're attempting here (which is definitely folly). Overeating on carbs and the like > undereating.

It's just not feasible, not only will it taste horrible unless it's something that tastes decent pureed, it's not nutritionally viable either.