Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Time

Default First Time

Just ordered my first cloth diaper, a baby blue solid color PUL AIO from Dependeco and am super excited ! Any comments or suggestions from anyone that has used either this brand or others similar?

ATOMIC98

let me know how it goes please i was thinking about buying one but i don't know if i want one

Hi there , I too wear terry nappies (as well as disposables) and love pining it on, nice and soft, the best bit though is pulling on a pair of plastic baby pants, they are so soft and comfy.

Quote Originally Posted by oboysetht View Post
    Just ordered my first cloth diaper, a baby blue solid color PUL AIO from Dependeco and am super excited ! Any comments or suggestions from anyone that has used either this brand or others similar?
    I've got 8 of Monika's cloth AIO's in cotton and flannel. Also have 4 PUL covers. I've been using the AIO's for overnight now for 7 months.
    They perform real well and have cut down on my disposable costs. I've been using the PUL covers now for about a month. They are a lot
    cooler than plastic pants. If you have any question's you can shoot me a PM
    after you get yours.

I am amazed that they were able to ship my order in one day, anywho any other tips as far as bulkiness and absorbency?

Quote Originally Posted by oboysetht View Post
    I am amazed that they were able to ship my order in one day, anywho any other tips as far as bulkiness and absorbency?
    I sent you a PM but it didn't go because your inbox is full

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    I sent you a PM but it didn't go because your inbox is full
    Try again

I looked at these and really like the look of them. I then did a lot of reading in the older forums about them and hear a lot of people wear plastic pants with them despite them being an AIO. Some others mention the outer cover getting wet. I'm new to cloth diapers and dont quite understand why this would be. Is it a common issue with all AIO's or is there a design flaw of some kind. Or is that just a preference of some to wear plastic pants anyways? - Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jinxed View Post
    I looked at these and really like the look of them. I then did a lot of reading in the older forums about them and hear a lot of people wear plastic pants with them despite them being an AIO. Some others mention the outer cover getting wet. I'm new to cloth diapers and dont quite understand why this would be. Is it a common issue with all AIO's or is there a design flaw of some kind. Or is that just a preference of some to wear plastic pants anyways? - Thanks
    I'm not quite sure I have read the same thing from others that have used them, I'll let you know as soon as I try them out

Quote Originally Posted by jinxed View Post
    PUL is a breathable fabric That's why the fabric gets damp but it holds most of the moisture in the diaper. Also that is why you can put them in the washer or dryer and dry on med heat.
    Some manufacture's use a PVC fabric which doesn't work as well and is hard to dry the diaper in which the heat will destroy the cover. I'm a heavy overnight wetter and lately I've changed
    from plastic pants to PUL diaper covers. They have a cotton liner which absorbs the excess moisture off of the AIO. They are a lot cooler to sleep or use also for daytime use.