Thread: anxiety and pacifiers...

Default anxiety and pacifiers...

so , i was thinking , i suffer some kind of anxiety issues , thats normal for me , but lately i am using more my paci to take care of this problem , and im worried that it could cause the oposite effect and bring me more anxiety... is this healty? should i stop doing it? ... what can i do? T__T

personally I think if it helps calm the anxiety at the moment, go with it. If you start feeling it having that opposit affect, than at that time, if you decide you need to stop doing that you may do that too.

I think it's fine as a way to cope. If it's becoming your only method and you start thinking about needing it in times of anxiety rather than finding a method at hand then you might have an issue developing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cauthon View Post
    I think it's fine as a way to cope. If it's becoming your only method and you start thinking about needing it in times of anxiety rather than finding a method at hand then you might have an issue developing.
    i think thats the problem , sometimes its just fine , someties i just start to feel its my only way to deal with it u.u

If sucking your pacifier gives you a sense of comfort and relieves stress and anxiety, then continue to do that. However, if you feel as if it only causes more anxiety, then you should probably find an alternative. I have gone to counseling myself, and have found that to be very helpful. You will be ok! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by ayn View Post
    so , i was thinking , i suffer some kind of anxiety issues , thats normal for me , but lately i am using more my paci to take care of this problem , and im worried that it could cause the oposite effect and bring me more anxiety... is this healty? should i stop doing it? ... what can i do? T__T
    It's perfectly normal. I have mine on me and it comes in handy whenever I have an attack. We all have our quirks that make us who we are. Personally, I'll never stop using my binky. If it helps you too, you shouldn't either.