Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ICBd'A (bidets are for ICs)

Default ICBd'A (bidets are for ICs)

Which is to say:

One fantastic thing I discovered in Europe is the bidet. Most Americans seem to snicker at this bathroom fixture as an extravagance or a silliness. But I have decided that it is the most useful thing ever, and if I had any room at all in my dinky little bathroom, I'd have already installed one.

For anyone who does not know:

A bidet looks much like a toilet crossed with a sink. You fill it with water and lower yourself onto it and voila!: a place to clean "down there"! Some fancy versions, I understand, spray warm water up, but that, I think, is an extravagance.

Now I gather that the raison d'etre for a bidet is to freshen up when there is not enough time for a full shower, and God knows that is "raison" enough to have one. But if you happen to be IC, the advantages become additionally clear and obvious.

If you are IC and find yourself in a place with a bidet, USE IT. You'll want one of your own. And if you are looking for a small business, you might try marketing upscale bidets to the growing IC market...

If I was wealthy enough I would totally have one of those. I used one once during a stay in hospital and it was luxury!

For awhile I didn't know what a bidet was and thought it was either a urinal or a sink for children!

I know a lot of people who think it is for washing up after peeing. Which would be ridiculous. I mean: think of all of the extra time that would take! (And women's room lines are already long enough...)

I had one of them installed in my bathroom, and trust me, you'll be prying it from my dead cold hands one day
    joking aside, to keep clean around that area, this is the single best invention in a bathroom.
    I simply do not understand, how people have not taken to them more readily.

Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    I had one of them installed in my bathroom, and trust me, you'll be prying it from my dead cold hands one day
    joking aside, to keep clean around that area, this is the single best invention in a bathroom.
    I simply do not understand, how people have not taken to them more readily.
    I know, right? I'm telling you: this is a business opportunity waiting to happen. With the baby boomers all getting older and many of them getting into the diaper market, some enterprising soul needs to take advantage of an entire country that has somehow managed to ignore the very existence of the best bathroom fixture ever created!

I've always wanted to use one. If I were going to though I would have to go all out get the top-of-the-line. It would just feel right. I don't care if it's it extravagance I think it would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by ICkaraokegirl View Post
    I know a lot of people who think it is for washing up after peeing. Which would be ridiculous. I mean: think of all of the extra time that would take! (And women's room lines are already long enough...)
    I thought it was for after number 1 or 2
    Last edited by KimbaWolfNagihiko; 18-Jul-2013 at 00:14. Reason: spelling error

In italy the bidet is common in MOST (at least middle class) houses... many hotels even have them (although italian PUBLIC TOILETS are usually VERY NASTY places in contrast to this).

here in switzerland in the recent two years the combination toilet / bidet (basically a toilet with an integrated automatic type bidet "fountain") has been a bit more promoted... and there are even toilet "seats" with integrated bidet function that can be installed on just about every existing toilet.

To me I have long since been a HUGE FAN of bidets - especially also for regular clean up after a Bowel Movement (I do NOT do this in my diaper... luckily) but the bidet makes personal hygiene so much nicer and cleaner instead of just "smearing" with a piece of toilet paper.
    Same goes for diaper changes at home ... I can quickly WASH myself down there and do not need to waste a hundred wet wipes a day ( and it's far cleaner than using just wet wipes anyhow).

But I get the weirdest comments from visitors to my home about this "contraption" - half of them has never seen nor used one, and another third feels that its a weird, even gross item (!? never understood)... and about third LOVES IT and has gone as far as to buy one themselves .
    (yea I'm a bit of a Bidet-Evangelist - I do admit it... ).

Honestly, I wouldn't want to be without that thing in my own home...

To those who have never tried one, if you ever have the chance: DON't... (or you will buy one). =

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    I thought is was for after number 1 or 2

Actually it's for THREE things: cleaning/washing up especially after No.2... (sometimes after No.1) and general PERSONAL HYGIENE around the private parts.
    (basically a quick and simple way to wash yourself down there a few times a day without having to step into a shower, undress, etc...

I can only second that, though awkward topic, but whatsoever!

No seriously, if you haven't tried it, do so. Although you may really end up wanting it badly for your own house/apartment.

I wouldn't want to miss it, though I've been growing up with that... since those are kinda common in France, figures. Funnily it's really uncommon in Germany.
    The market leader is Japan, as far as I know, 2 out of 3 households got it. Though they're quite fussy about this stuff in general, which explains that.
    But I'd really like to try one of those all-in-one thingies with an air dryer, hot water,... music? My gosh... ;)