Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do you buy your cloth diapers from?

Default Where do you buy your cloth diapers from?

Where do you buy your cloth diapers from?

Baby-pants.com - Amazing twill prefolds. On washing #7 and they've quilted up very nicely and feel amazingly soft.

EDIT: Unless custom made, stay away from adultclothdiaper.com's diapers. They follow a vintage style that is not used anymore. It's more rectangular versus square'ish from baby-pants, giving too much length and not enough width. Their diaper pins on the other hand are WAY better than baby-pant's. I have the plain silver ones but it cuts through cloth like butter and I've yet to put them in soap. Baby-pants on the other hand can't even get through the thinnest layer of my diaper, how sad.
    Last edited by krone6; 17-Jul-2013 at 12:41.

Depnedeco for me as well. AIO's and PUL covers.

changingtimesdiaperco.com twill cloth diapers and comco plastic pants.

Quote Originally Posted by krone6 View Post
    Baby-pants.com - Amazing twill prefolds. On washing #7 and they've quilted up very nicely and feel amazingly soft.

EDIT: Unless custom made, stay away from adultclothdiaper.com's diapers. They follow a vintage style that is not used anymore. It's more rectangular versus square'ish from baby-pants, giving too much length and not enough width. Their diaper pins on the other hand are WAY better than baby-pant's. I have the plain silver ones but it cuts through cloth like butter and I've yet to put them in soap. Baby-pants on the other hand can't even get through the thinnest layer of my diaper, how sad.
    Rectangular diapers work best with the newspaper fold. This method places the bulk in the front where itís needed the most (at least for me).

Newspaper fold for cloth diapers :: Diaper Pages - Karen's Cloth Diapering Site

I'm a big fan of the Changing Times Diaper Co. twill prefolds, but I also like the Baby Pants twill prefolds quite a bit. The AdultClothDiaper prefolds are ok and seem well-liked here on ADISC, but, like krone6, I find the more-rectangular shape a bit harder to use and less comfortable due to the additional folding required. I also generally prefer twill weave to gauze for the way it quilts when washed.

The Angel Fluff Diaper Co. gauze prefolds are nice for discreet wear due to their thinness and stretchiness, so if that's a concern of yours, you might give them a look. Unless I double up, I find the feel to be quite underwear-like, which can be good or bad depending on what I'm after.

If you want a prefold and you also want a print, Babykins is where to go. As with the Adult Cloth Diaper prefolds, I find that the shape of the diapers doesn't quite agree with me, though. I'm also not a big fan of flannel as a diaper fabric -- extremely flat, and doesn't seem to absorb as fast or distribute the wetness as well.

Of course, if prefolds aren't of interest to you, or you don't want to wear plastic pants also, then you may disregard all of the above.

One last plug for Baby Pants: If you want a pull-on diaper, I'd suggest checking out their very cute and functional selection of cloth training pants. They come in two thicknesses, with the thicker "My First" pants being quite suitable for use as diapers, IMO. If you wear plastic pants, that is. I like mine very much. Be careful with the sizing, though, as they're a bit finicky in that regard.

I bought some huge bath towels from a local textile outlet for £5 each, cut them into 36" squares and I use the offcuts as booster inserts. I have also made my own shaped cloth diaper, using a Tena Slip as a template. That is easier to use than the towel squares.

CTDC for me. Say, about twill...is it really strechy? I didnt know strechy was an option! Dish!