Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone held a Bambino up to the Light?

Default Has anyone held a Bambino up to the Light?

I held my teddy up to the light and noticed there is what looks like a channel down the center of the diaper, where the padding is its thinnest. It surprised me because I figured this is where it would be the thickest.

Has anyone else noticed this? Does anyone know why this is?

Thanks!

jcrowley1985

Does it have a wetness indicator line down the outside center? If so, this thin part is maybe to allow moisture to get through just enough to fade the wetness indicator. Then the pee gets soaked up on either side.

Regardless of the indicator or not, it could just be for even displacement of pee.

Might be a channel to put it through to other parts of the diaper. Kind of like when you irrigate a crop, if you dumped it all in one place you'd have a puddle. Put channels in and you get even coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambusa View Post
    I held my teddy up to the light and noticed there is what looks like a channel down the center of the diaper, where the padding is its thinnest. It surprised me because I figured this is where it would be the thickest.

Thanks!
    I was told by a few other people, that it helps to allow the moisture to travel to the other parts of the diaper, so it can better be absorbed. I'm not sure if that's true or not. I first noticed that a year or so ago when I was changing one day. It surprised me as well. I thought it would be thicker. But the channel in the center, moves to the back of the diaper where there is sort of a circle of less padding.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambusa View Post
    Yep I actually noticed this just a few weeks ago. It's that way with ALL the diapers made on that machine. includes Fabine, AwwSoCute, all the Bambino variations, and TotalDry Xplus. Since those diapers are all very high sap in the primary areas, wicking would be horrible and you'd leak out the sides before getting the padding wet in other areas. That zone in the middle appears to be a lower sap / higher pulp mix and wicks rapidly, to spread the wetness to other parts of the diaper. If it were high sap, it would just swell a lot like the rest of the diaper, and essentially stop-up the crotch of the diaper and you'd leak out the crotch.

I agree with your assessment here. It is by design and the diapers that have this are "premium" diapers for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    Yep I actually noticed this just a few weeks ago. It's that way with ALL the diapers made on that machine. includes Fabine, AwwSoCute, all the Bambino variations, and TotalDry Xplus. Since those diapers are all very high sap in the primary areas, wicking would be horrible and you'd leak out the sides before getting the padding wet in other areas. That zone in the middle appears to be a lower sap / higher pulp mix and wicks rapidly, to spread the wetness to other parts of the diaper. If it were high sap, it would just swell a lot like the rest of the diaper, and essentially stop-up the crotch of the diaper and you'd leak out the crotch.
    Well that makes sense! Thanks!

is there anything nice to watch on this channel ?

im sorry i had to :| i wanted to post this the entire time i was reading this topic LAWL

Im just going to say this.

Yes but for other reasons: I did something like that to see how wet the diapers got and to see my self doing the #1(pee) and see the luquid and stuff
    Example: http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/a...psc0d0037c.jpg

Try holding a flashlight while your wet and see the yellow stuff,its pretty cool actually.