Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: going to start wearing diapers to bed

Default going to start wearing diapers to bed

I have tried sleeping in diapers before but have found I have trouble falling asleep in them so I soon gave up on that idea. Not a big deal since I don't wear for actual need. But recently due to changes in diet and medication I've been having some bowel control issues first thing in the morning when I wake up and have now decided that wearing diapers to bed would be better than the alternative. Better safe than sorry till my system adjusts. Just hoping I can get used to actually sleeping in diapers. Any other DL's dealing with either one or both of these issues?

deviantartjd

I don't find that I have that issue, rather the opposite. I have woken up all too often to find that I am still wearing when for being found out reasons, I should not still be. I suggest trying some over the counter natural sleep aids (not sleeping medication like on tv ads) like melatonin. Good Luck

I've found posture and room temperature help me. Sometimes the extra padding of the diaper messes up my spine when laying on my side, so I have a special pillow that goes between the knees to help out.

I sleep much better when I am padded. I wish I could be more of a help.

I had trouble sleeping in diapers when I first started in. I wasn't very systematic about it, so it took me years of on and off enthusiasm for it not to bother me. For whatever reason, I found cloth diapers easier to sleep in at first, even though they're not my normally preferred type. At this point, I have no problem sleeping in diapers. I would just say it takes some pratice and if you made a dedicated effort, maybe a few weeks would get the job done.

I found wearing plastic diapers to bed hard to sleep in cause it gets really hot and sweaty. Cloth ones seem like it'd be better and maybe something I would try in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Newphie View Post
    I found wearing plastic diapers to bed hard to sleep in cause it gets really hot and sweaty. Cloth ones seem like it'd be better and maybe something I would try in the future.
    That might be a help for you, although I was wearing plastic pants with them, so the result is pretty much the same. I think it was something about the shifting of padding that was coming to the attention of my subconscious and jolting me out of my sleep. Cloth doesn't have any shifting going on, so it was easier to put up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    That might be a help for you, although I was wearing plastic pants with them, so the result is pretty much the same. I think it was something about the shifting of padding that was coming to the attention of my subconscious and jolting me out of my sleep. Cloth doesn't have any shifting going on, so it was easier to put up with.
    Yeah makes a lot of sense. It'd be fun to try though I did grow up with plastic ones so I'd be missing out there but not opposed to cloth by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by Trev156 View Post
    I have tried sleeping in diapers before but have found I have trouble falling asleep in them so I soon gave up on that idea. Not a big deal since I don't wear for actual need.
    I found that this is normally because I'm aroused to some extent. If you jerk off before you diaper up for the night or while you're laying in bed trying to fall asleep it typically helps a lot with this feeling.

But recently due to changes in diet and medication I've been having some bowel control issues first thing in the morning when I wake up and have now decided that wearing diapers to bed would be better than the alternative. Better safe than sorry till my system adjusts. Just hoping I can get used to actually sleeping in diapers. Any other DL's dealing with either one or both of these issues?
    You should probably let your doctor know about this ASAP, however I see no harm in wearing diapers to bed or using them when you wake up in the morning.

I always get far better sleep in a diaper than without one and it's awfully convenient if you have to go pee in the middle of the night.

Since moving out on my own I've worn diapers to bed when I feel like. I've got one on right now

I don't need to wear diapers but I'll typically wet my diaper before bed and then when I wake up.

If you have a good diaper and powder/cream then it's fine.