Thread: stroller sizing help, please help me?

Default stroller sizing help, please help me?

Hello there, im needing some help in knowing what the maximum user height is for this particular stroller? I need it to fit my girlfriend who is 4'11" tall, thats 150 cm to my metric friends.

Also she needs a stroller to be wide enough to fit her wearing her brace which makes her width measurement 40cm or 16 inches.

The stroller we have talked about getting is the Baby Jogger Freedom Stroller.

They did not mention a maximum user height, but im hoping it will fit her height wise, it could hold two of her on weight capacity alone. And yes, she is petite.

What i really want to get for her is an axiom stroller, but im afraid its a little out of the budget right now. Any help will be appreciated, thank you

Baby Jogger Freedom Stroller e-Special Needs

Well,

Looking at the specs on that unit...

Head height is 37"... Which I'd say is from butt bottom to top of head...

As its a seated deal overall height isn't the main issue but the seat to head top is...

Also, as for budget...check Craigslist and alike...there is many listed on there throughout the country...

As for for what exact use...I gather she isn't able to walk, run herself...

You should also look at the push chairs as well...they are not quite as reclined...might be better for conversing and such...

I tried on of the jogging type strollers and i found myself trying to lean my head up to get strait...then get fatigued neck muscles...

Im not able to walk much and not on uneven ground at all...I ended up with a convaid cruiser...they are great and much mor comfortable IMHO

B

You are right, she isnt able to walk at all. We want a jogging stroller so i can talk her on trails and show her places that i go to regularly. I dont live in a city, so sidewalks are nonexistant here.

She does want a reclining feature, and it has got to be because of her wheelchairs where they require her to sit up perfectly straight all the time. she fusses about that.

How tall are you Bret? Let me say thank you for your help

Sihcara I would look at the Axiom Improved Special Needs Stroller. It looks like a bigger stroller and may be better for your needs and would do better over the long run. It dose cost more at $1200. but I think it's a better deal.

That's the one I would buy.

bn3baby
    Last edited by bn3baby; 16-Jul-2013 at 20:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Sihcara View Post
    You are right, she isnt able to walk at all. We want a jogging stroller so i can talk her on trails and show her places that i go to regularly. I dont live in a city, so sidewalks are nonexistant here.

She does want a reclining feature, and it has got to be because of her wheelchairs where they require her to sit up perfectly straight all the time. she fusses about that.

How tall are you Bret? Let me say thank you for your help
    Well, I used to be 6'2" at one time...after some missing discs in now at 5'11"

And the convaid does recline some..my back gets super sore after any length of time in a regular wheelchair as well...

Sometimes like Walmart trips in a regular wheelchair is about enough for my back for the day...don't know how people can actually sit on them all day...they must have a better back or better drugs!

Anyhow,
    The other stroller or the convaid would be my choice...

Seriously check out Craig's list and eBay even local papers, they come up second hand quite often...

I got mine second hand...cand remember exactly what I paid, but it had a flat and such...I put on solid tires...no flats...the sold tries cost about as much as the whole thing did...but we use it on walking paths and such...so flats are not welcome.

B