Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Cory Monteith

Default RIP Cory Monteith

"On July 13, 2013, at the age of 31, Monteith was found dead in his room at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel in Vancouver, British Columbia. He had been scheduled to check out earlier that day, but when he failed to do so, hotel staff entered his room and discovered his body. Although the Vancouver Police Department said the cause and manner of death were not immediately apparent, foul play was ruled out. An autopsy is scheduled for July 15."

I have loved Glee since the beginning and loved all the characters but Finn Hudson was always my inspiration. He showed that, even though someone shows a tough appearance, he showed his love for music and singing. Cory Monteith was a brilliant actor and was always there for his fans. I put up this thread for people to pay their respect to Cory and their thoughts about him. RIP Cory.

The police don't suspect any foul play.

He's had drug problems since age 13. Woha, Glee hires drug addicts for primary parts. This clearly worked out well.

And the show steals people's cover songs

Frankly i'm not overly concerned by his apparent drug overdose. I just hope he wasn't like Kurt Cobain "People like me too much, I have to kill myself!"

Personally I've never watched the show and probably never will. The guy clearly had a drug problem, which somehow doesn't surprise me.

Glee is one of my favorite shows... It just won't be the same without him... RIP Cory you will be missed...

As somebody who never really cared for Glee and even in some cases hated the show and some of it's cast members (*cough Chris Colfer *cough*), I don't really know how to feel about this guy.

Should I feel sympathetic for the guy and his family because of the loss? Should I demean him for his death being his own fault due to his drug addiction? The answer is on my end a resounding, meh. The guy had a drug problem and it finally caught up to him, plus the stresses of being the lead on a very popular FOX show didn't really help.

So, yeah, I don't care that much, but I really understand why people are so sad at his loss.

June

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I just hope he wasn't like Kurt Cobain "People like me too much, I have to kill myself!"
    That's not quite the reason he did it, I believe. It was more so underlined in the quote "It's better to burn out than to fade away". His drug problems were reaching new heights. He didn't want to "fade away".

Regardless, a shitty excuse to leave a two-year-old daughter and an ugly wife.

You know, maybe the fact that he was married to Courtney Love was why he wanted to kill himself.

Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    You know, maybe the fact that he was married to Courtney Love was why he wanted to kill himself.
    That's the reason everyone including Courtney Love like to believe.

June

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    That's the reason everyone including Courtney Love like to believe.
    I'm just saying. I know I would.

I loved the first season of Glee, because it crossed lines. I liked the second season, and then it grew old and repetitive. Cory Monteith was an incredible talent. As a performing artist, he was born to the breed, so I feel his loss. I also understand drug problems from when I was young. Drug abuse is the product of a very unhappy person. It's slow suicide. I hope he's in a happier place, and singing for joy.

Whether you liked him or not (or Glee) it is very sad to see someone so young leave this world so suddenly. He did have a past drug problem that he was very open about and had recently sought help again for the same reason. It is so sad the addictive powers and hold drugs can have on someone's life and how it affects not only him/her but also loved ones. He had a family, friends and a girlfriend. I imagine they are absolutely devastated.

Heartbreaking.