Thread: Any one here play magic?!

Default Any one here play magic?!

So I just got done with locals this weekend for the release of M14 and got second place for two runs of the turnaments they were doing Friday Saturday and Sunday events

I played the Friday and Saturday events and came out with a lot in raw prizes

the event cost 25$ per entry and you got 6 packs to make your sealed play deck with

if you went 4-0 you got 12 m14 packs and 2 modern masters
    3-1 got 6 m14 and 1 modern master pack
    2-2 got 2 packs of m14

so ya i got 3-1 two times so i did ok...luckily though i came out way more ahead because both final match my opponent and i agreed to split the m14 packs so both would get nine packs. So we just play for the modern masters. the winner would get 2 and the loser 1

so i lost both times but got 9 m14 and 1 modern master. both times the games were super close and could have been ether way the m14 split was a good agreement and was more of a safety net

so 12 m14 packs from entry and 18 m14 packs from prizes + 2 modern masters

thats like a whole box for 50$ and a normal box would cost like 120$ right?

tldrp had fun at magic turny got butt load of cards for just 50$

Quote Originally Posted by Zebus View Post
    So I just got done with locals this weekend for the release of M14 and got second place for two runs of the turnaments they were doing Friday Saturday and Sunday events

the event cost 25$ per entry and you got 6 packs to make your sealed play deck with

2-2 got 2 packs of m14

so ya i got 3-1 two times so i did ok...luckily though i came out way more ahead because both final match my opponent and i agreed to split the m14 packs so both would get nine packs. So we just play for the modern masters. the winner would get 2 and the loser 1

so i lost both times but got 9 m14 and 1 modern master. both times the games were super close and could have been ether way the m14 split was a good agreement and was more of a safety net

http://www.adisc.org/forum/computers...yers-here.html I direct you to my MTG Thread in gaming Always happy to have another player!

Also no a box of boosters is about 80$
    Last edited by HogansHeroes; 16-Jul-2013 at 00:54. Reason: updating quote to account for thread merge

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendorox! View Post
    http://www.adisc.org/forum/computers...yers-here.html I direct you to my MTG Thread in gaming Always happy to have another player!

Also no a box of boosters is about 80$
    Really? Where I'm at it's $115!

Quote Originally Posted by Zebus View Post

2-2 got 2 packs of m14

I am a dedicated Magic player myself I have a thread in the game talk section if you wanted to check it out. I haven't posted in it since March though.

Honestly it depends on how, where, time you buy your box

time wise you could get a box cheaper maybe on pre order prerelease prices online

ebay 90$ though i would not buy from ebay though

I got a couple decks. Even tried to build my own! Didn't work well though :/

I used to play it a bit. I thought the game was really good though I was more of a fan of Yu-gi-oh when I was younger. The problem for me with magic was I was never dedicated enough at it to get good and really couldn't afford to try to collect more cards. I hung around with some people who were into it pretty hardcore and they'd just wipe the floor with me. I still have 2 decks kicking around I built when I was younger but I'm sure they're terrible too with my limited card selection.

Quote Originally Posted by MLaPlage View Post
    Really? Where I'm at it's $115!
    I order all my cards online There's no local retailers where I live

I used to play along time ago but I haven't had the chance to play lately. Had quite the collection. Mainly played 7th edition up to and including miradon and the expansions in the series