Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel when you have regressed?

RainbowShy

Default How do you feel when you have regressed?

I'm curious to know this since I've never actually regressed to an age that could be considered toddlerish. Is there any way you can explain the feelings you get during regression? It would really help me understand how it works since I have no idea.

I tend to feel vulnerable with a constant need to hold on to someone. For some people I believe it about letting down their guard. Regressing allows people an outlet for their stress where they can feel peace.

I don't really do much of this as I usually just like to wear diapers. But if I do I feel like i need to be held and also feel like falling asleep in their arms sometimes. It is really relaxing as well.

I am not sure that what I do it true regression. I think that it is more meditation then anything. However, what I feel is that I am dressed for the part of a 2 1/2 yr old that has to wear a diaper at night because I am not fully potty trained yet. My mother puts me in my diaper then we go into her bedroom and lay down on the bed, I cruel up in her arms and go to sleep sucking my thumb. IF it works I close my eyes and mentally go down a hall to a door. There is peg over a basket and I have to put all of my "Adult things" on the peg. As I go in and watch little Tommy fall asleep, all of the nasty stuff crawls out of the things and fall into the trash bucket. Little Tommy is back in 1965 and everything is so right. I am loved and comforted and have no worries at all. If everything goes right I am in this "trance" for about an hour and a half. Unfortunately the "Adult things" start making noise and I have to leave. It is usually my shoulder on hip that start hurting from being in the same position for so long.

I'm not sure it's regression, but I have major trust and emotional repression issues. It's like all of that fades away and I'm open and everything is magnified a hundred times over.

I don't think there is a "set" of feelings that occurs when one regresses. To be honest, I view regression as a way to "fill in" that which was missing as you were growing up, so no two individual would ever have the same experience even though they may "act" in a similar toddler-ish way.

That plus the fact that each of us would have a different outlook on, say, what "being" a 3 year old (for example) would be, just as two real 3 year olds would have different behaviors just from how they were brought up and a million other different variables. It's a loaded question and even more loaded answer.

--sf

I feel comforted, loved, cared for, secure, and at peace.

RainbowShy

Quote Originally Posted by Starfox View Post
    I don't think there is a "set" of feelings that occurs when one regresses. To be honest, I view regression as a way to "fill in" that which was missing as you were growing up, so no two individual would ever have the same experience even though they may "act" in a similar toddler-ish way.

That plus the fact that each of us would have a different outlook on, say, what "being" a 3 year old (for example) would be, just as two real 3 year olds would have different behaviors just from how they were brought up and a million other different variables. It's a loaded question and even more loaded answer.

--sf
    I was actually curious because the character in my story regresses, but I have never done this. I wanted to be able to get the feel for her first state of regression since I want to do it right. D:

For me, feelings of vulnerability, mixed with feelings of comfort & of simple joy.