View Poll Results: Do you smoke Tobacco?

88. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

54 61.36%
  • Yes, cigarettes

18 20.45%
  • Yes, cigars

11 12.50%
  • Yes, other types of tobacco

17 19.32%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Smoke Tobacco?

Default Do You Smoke Tobacco?

I am curious, since some of you use pacifiers, if you have an additional oral fixation such as smoking when a paci is not available. So, do you smoke? I personally don't use a paci or smoke. Thanks for satisfying my curiosity!

I took the dare program in elementary school. So, I swore off on smoking and even drinking. I do have parents that smoke though, but they do it outside. My dad started smoking one of those vapor ones.

I started when I was around 16 years old and continued for over 40 plus years. After a bout with pneumonia and spending a week in the hospital I quit cold turkey. I was 60 at that time.
    Now I've been smoke free for 14 years almost. At the time I was thin person at about 125 lbs. I now weigh 170 lbs and am in decent health with only minor blood pressure problems.

I don't smoke, never got the "enjoyment" that smokers have with nicotine. My dad was a pack a day smoker as well as an alcoholic. Given how expensive smoking can get, I'm glad I don't have the habit.

Yeah, unfortunately. :-/

I've been building up the gumption to quit cold turkey for months now. Just haven't taken the plunge yet.

I have to admit that my cravings do appear to diminish a bit when I use a pacifier, so I'm sure there's a correlation.

Maybe I'll try using my pacifier more frequently when I'm home alone. I'd feel a bit of a clown using it around company or in public. I only use it about 30 minutes a day or so right now - and purely for relaxation purposes or temporary regression.

Could be an interesting experiment if nothing else. Bonus points if it actually helps me kick the cigs!

I'm allergic to smoke so I stay away from it as much as possible. I get a craving for a pacifier on occasion but not often. As for cannabis which was mentioned earlier, it's high time it was legalized.

On occasion when I'm stressed but nothing with nicotine inside it 0

Rarely. Maybe an occasional cigar, but typically I don't like inhaling smoke...unless it's pot (and that's a convoluted story in itself). I was addicted to chewing tobacco, but stopped about 6 years ago.

I voted "No."

I had a cigar habit in the past. Or, I should say, my friends and I had a periodic "cigar night." The habit never went further than that.