Thread: I Told Some ONe

Default I Told Some ONe

I just told me friend who I will be living for for a few years about my entire AB/DL side. He asked questions like if I wore them in public before and I replied honestly. I told him once or twice, And the fact that its due to medical reasons, and the fact of it being a fetish... and also helps my anxiety. But he said he didn't need to know why. And if he didn't understand why I do this or enjoy it, Then he is the bad guy for not understanding why. Bless him. All he said was, that what matters, Is that if I am happy and feel comfortable. And if he doesn't understand than what the hell.

almost 20 years I have kept this secret. And I finally managed to tell some one.

P.S I have internet back. I have been internet-less for a month now, Moving houses n all.

RainbowShy

Two of my friends know I'm a DL. Both are okay with me being one. They didn't ask questions and just accepted it since they know I'm autistic. I wear diapers mainly because I enjoy them though. It does have have a little to do with my autism, but not much.

I don't see how it would be his fault or make him a bad guy for not understanding why you wear diapers aside from medical need. He is not intimately involved with you and didn't ask to know. If this is a TMI for him, it doesn't make him a bad guy. He could be a jerk down the road but just being uncomfortable, for instance, isn't being a jerk.

A few weeks ago I told my best friend. I knew he would be understanding and accepting. We had discussed bordering topics before, like how I still sometimes had 'accidents', usually for LULZ. He has had his share too. Normally I wouldn't feel the need to tell someone, but we've been so close for a while now, I knew it was time.

I pulled him aside and told him. He mentioned to me about almost losing it one day and having to make a mad dash to the bathroom. I thought, if he knew I wore diapers we could get a chuckle out of how *I* would have handled the same situation. Our friendship is based on a brotherly type of love and mutual ball-breaking. So, I said, you know how we talk about accidents and stuff? Well, there's something I should mention. I've been wearing diapers for years." I didn't go into detail, I didn't mention it as a sexual fetish or bring up the AB angle, I just told him I wore. He looked at me quizzically for a second and shrugged. We went on with our night. Since then it's been great fodder for inside references and jokes, and it's added a new dimension of trust and strength to our friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by MattiKins View Post
    A few weeks ago I told my best friend. I knew he would be understanding and accepting. We had discussed bordering topics before, like how I still sometimes had 'accidents', usually for LULZ. He has had his share too. Normally I wouldn't feel the need to tell someone, but we've been so close for a while now, I knew it was time.

I pulled him aside and told him. He mentioned to me about almost losing it one day and having to make a mad dash to the bathroom. I thought, if he knew I wore diapers we could get a chuckle out of how *I* would have handled the same situation. Our friendship is based on a brotherly type of love and mutual ball-breaking. So, I said, you know how we talk about accidents and stuff? Well, there's something I should mention. I've been wearing diapers for years." I didn't go into detail, I didn't mention it as a sexual fetish or bring up the AB angle, I just told him I wore. He looked at me quizzically for a second and shrugged. We went on with our night. Since then it's been great fodder for inside references and jokes, and it's added a new dimension of trust and strength to our friendship.
    That's great. I always love to hear stories about how accepting someone is when a member on here tells someone about their diaper side.

I'm one of those that rather keep it to himself but it kinda thrills me just thinking of someone catching me with a wet diaper lol

I'm weird!

Quote Originally Posted by ConnorFilmBoy View Post
    That's great. I always love to hear stories about how accepting someone is when a member on here tells someone about their diaper side.
    An addendum to this... he happens to be a coworker of mine. When I texted him today to tell him to avoid an intersection where the light was not working due to a thunderstorm, he responded with "10/4 little buddy".

Wow was I tickled pink by that! I never got into detail with the AB stuff but maybe he's picking up on some of my regressional tendencies. He has three kids himself, and that's something you usually say to a kid, not your friend who is older than you. I was so chuffed!

Quote Originally Posted by MattiKins View Post
    An addendum to this... he happens to be a coworker of mine. When I texted him today to tell him to avoid an intersection where the light was not working due to a thunderstorm, he responded with "10/4 little buddy".

Wow was I tickled pink by that! I never got into detail with the AB stuff but maybe he's picking up on some of my regressional tendencies. He has three kids himself, and that's something you usually say to a kid, not your friend who is older than you. I was so chuffed!
    OMG, That gave me butterflies haha. Ide actually be grinning weirdly all day if someone said that to me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uggu View Post
    I'm one of those that rather keep it to himself but it kinda thrills me just thinking of someone catching me with a wet diaper lol

I'm weird!
    Weird is good and different, Accepting weird is good Being normal is boring! And so would I :3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I don't see how it would be his fault or make him a bad guy for not understanding why you wear diapers aside from medical need. He is not intimately involved with you and didn't ask to know. If this is a TMI for him, it doesn't make him a bad guy. He could be a jerk down the road but just being uncomfortable, for instance, isn't being a jerk.
    Maybe I worded it wrong, But I didn't mean to make him seem ike the bad guy, All he said that if he didn't understand the whole thing and wouldn;t accept me because he didn't understand then he was the lesser human for not accepting something just because it's diffrent. He is my bestest friend
    '

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddlzy View Post
    [Snipped] And if he didn't understand why I do this or enjoy it, Then he is the bad guy for not understanding why. Bless him. All he said was, that what matters, Is that if I am happy and feel comfortable. And if he doesn't understand than what the hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddlzy View Post
    [Snipped] Maybe I worded it wrong, But I didn't mean to make him seem ike the bad guy, All he said that if he didn't understand the whole thing and wouldn;t accept me because he didn't understand then he was the lesser human for not accepting something just because it's diffrent. He is my bestest friend
    '
    I understand that he is taking it well and that's a good thing. My comments were hypothetical or perhaps relevant to disclosures in the future. I don't think we can safely generalize about what someone's non-acceptance says about them and I don't think we can rationally expect all our loved ones to understand it. Toleration is a more reasonable standard and even that might be a job for some people. Although not getting that acceptance, understanding, or even tolerance from people we know and care about is painful, I think we have to look at the reasons individually.