Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Simpson's quotes

Default Favorite Simpson's quotes

I am a purist, and only recognize the Simpsons seasons 1 - 11 1/2. BUT!!! This thread is to share your favorite Simpsons quotes, regardless of the year. I'll start.

Lisa: "Oh my GOD! I'm losing my perspicacity!"

and

Grandpa: "Linden Johnson spanked me on two, non-consecutive occasions."

I'm no purist, I still think The Simpsons is one of the smartest shows on the air (though to be fair I haven't seen anything past season 21 at this point). That's more a sad truth about the reality of the rest of what's on television than applauding the show itself, but either way, wonderful stuff.

I do agree that seasons 1-11 are the best, as most people do, and it's full of some of my favourite Simpsons moments/quotes. My words are insufficient to share the greatness of the moments, so I'll include videos where possible - apparently Hulu has a near monopoly on these great quotes:

"Every time I learn something new, it pushes something out of my brain..."

"Hello, my name is mister burns..."

My personal favourite - "Gym (horribly mispronounced), what's a gym (horribly mispronounced)? ... Ohhhhh a gym! (still horribly mispronounced)"

RainbowShy

My favorite is the only one I can think of. It's when Homer always says, 'Doh!'. I haven't seen the Simpsons in the longest time, so I can't really say what my favorite lines are. My parents and I used to love this show, but they stopped watching it. D:

I can’t be held responsible for what my goons were ordered to do.
    -Mr. Burns

Spider pig, spider pig does whatever a spider pig does!!! -Simpsons Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    I'm no purist, I still think The Simpsons is one of the smartest shows on the air (though to be fair I haven't seen anything past season 21 at this point). That's more a sad truth about the reality of the rest of what's on television than applauding the show itself, but either way, wonderful stuff.

I do agree that seasons 1-11 are the best, as most people do, and it's full of some of my favourite Simpsons moments/quotes. My words are insufficient to share the greatness of the moments, so I'll include videos where possible - apparently Hulu has a near monopoly on these great quotes:

"Every time I learn something new, it pushes something out of my brain..."

"Hello, my name is mister burns..."

My personal favourite - "Gym (horribly mispronounced), what's a gym (horribly mispronounced)? ... Ohhhhh a gym! (still horribly mispronounced)"
    That's a classic! I say it all the time!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Homer: "In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics!"
    OMG, YES! So Brilliant!

"WHERE THE HELL IS FALLOUT BOY!?"

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDooKiddo View Post
    Spider pig, spider pig does whatever a spider pig does!!! -Simpsons Movie
    I remember seeing Matt Groening say somewhere that the Simpsons will end it's series with a movie. Considering how mediocre the movie is in comparison to more then a dozen episodes from the mid 90's, well that was proven wrong.

And the series is still going 5 years later, ugggh.

Willie - "nobody made it out alive! Not even Willie!!!" *looks around suspiciously*